Return of The MountainBike Jedi

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Height Wars: Return of The MountainBike Jedi
Not too long ago, in a LBS near you, a young MountainBike warrior braved the fronts of droids to ask for the price of his "X-Wing Fighter". A trader, namely "friendly LBS Auntie", gave our young Jedi knight a good lesson about height because our young warrior chose to ask for a "M-sized X-Wing Fighter". No purchase of anything has been made until now ... .. ... .... .. (sorry low budget, no scrolling text)

Date has been fixed. Today. Today is the day that Commando and I went down to the friendly LBS store near our work place. Wow... .. friendly auntie is in da house today. While looking around friendly auntie and asked if we needed some help. Of course, we're going to buy 2 mountain bikes today. I even brought my helmet because I'm going to cycle back home on my new mountain bike. Keeping my fingers crossed that the whole height topic would not surface again ..... Alas .. . I spoke too early.

Auntie: "Can I help?"
Commando: *Quick glances* "We're intending to get a mountain bike each today" (Jedi Commando meant fighter crafts)

Auntie: "Which model?" (She was asking about which model of fighter craft that we needed)
Commando: "Aaaa.... Avalanche 3.0" (Speaking slowly, treading into unknown dangerous territory now)

Auntie: "You need a S-size. S-M-A-L-L" (okay, I made up the spelling portion)
Commando: "Huh ... Auntie, you see me no up, ah. Small leh. I'm taller than Master Yoda, okay?" (Serious. Uh-oh. Jedi in rage now. I can feel the force of the dark side growing...anger, hatred. Sound of Lightsaber drawn out, Eggggg-ong!!)
Muggs: *Mumbles* "Here we go again. Uh-oh. On guard" *eyes roll*

Auntie: "Not see you no up. Look at auntie. I'm using a XL bike" (She meant fighter, when she says bike. Sci-Fi talk here. She really said XL)
Commando/Muggs: (Astonishment, exclamation in unison) "Sibo. Serious, ah?"

Auntie: "I bluff you for what. You looking at S-size now. Auntie hands shorter, riding one size smaller"
Muggs: "Ohh... .you mean XS, huh?"
Commando: "Si peh freeze, leh" (^_^)=o (*_*)

Auntie: "Hahha. XS .... XS." *embarrassed*

We deposited our IDs for 2 bikes (a.k.a X-Wing fighter), drawn out for test ride. A little difficult to test fly ... with several asteriods (human, walking asteriods) running around. We could only do it on a short strip of path. We felt that the S-Size is better in terms of maneuverability as compared to an M-Size. We decided and paid a deposit for our X-Wings, since only one S-Size is available. They place an order for another X-Wing. Constant battle with the Empire has caused the X-Wing fighters to go low on stock. Okay. We, the Jedi knights, will collect our order of X-Wing fighters on Monday. Republic and Empire don't fight on weekends.

Posted by Muggs at 8:00 PM  

11 comments:

this means that the arguement of the sizes started from the auntie who thot she's riding a xl bike?

Anonymous said...
8:41 AM, June 06, 2005  

I think auntie is just being friendly illustrating her point. But, she's too excited and said wrongly. We had a good laugh, no harm done. You know what? She even mis-calculated our prices when we bought accessories. It cost more than what we're suppose to pay. She was really embarrassed about it.

Muggs said...
8:55 AM, June 06, 2005  

so, you are getting your mtb soon eh? :)

Anonymous said...
1:22 PM, June 06, 2005  

paid for liao... heh heh heh. Now, in the shop, awaiting for collection with Commando. He super bo-eng today. So, tomorrow night. Then, night ride on sat 1am plus. More like makan/ride.

Muggs said...
2:31 PM, June 06, 2005  

huh?! makan ride... cannot lah, it's mtb, must hit the trails. :)

kekekeke.... must jio u out to bash trails loh. *grinz* hmm, should organise one soon, calling kenny too.

Anonymous said...
3:31 PM, June 06, 2005  

hahha ... my poor man lao pok chia trash me more than I trash it. But, still can ride trail..... midnight ride trail? I think I end up more than breaking my wrist.

Muggs said...
4:02 PM, June 06, 2005  

Ha ha ...

Yeah, must hit the trails man! What's a mountain bike if it's only for roads? Hee hee ...

Hmm .. then again, I use my black one for roads mainly ... ;p

-endlesstrail

Anonymous said...
9:25 PM, June 06, 2005  

yep... hit the trails, trash my parts... then I can have lame excuse to upgrade parts.

Muggs said...
9:44 PM, June 06, 2005  

think we must do a open ceremony for you (bike scratching trip). :)

Endless trail will know what it means. :p

Anonymous said...
7:54 AM, June 07, 2005  

*evil side glances at kisetsu*
See master, they are trying to scratch your precioussssss.

Muggs said...
8:42 AM, June 07, 2005  

hahahaha....

Anonymous said...
10:24 AM, June 07, 2005  

Post a Comment