What??!!

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

1st What??!!
Violet. How nice ..... . !@%$@! How bloody crappy is this color for my swim cap in the triathlon race? VERY COOL, NOT. *eyes roll* I would have preferred a white or light blue. Since I am on a official half day off today, I went to the Race Expo to collect my race pack. When I saw the color of my swim cap, I almost passed out. I thought I was teleported via time travel to the "FlowerPower" 60's. Violet color. How yeah. Okay, probably colors like these are for old farts like us. Now, I look like a blackcurrent. Ribena. Purple swim cap, you complete me.... KNS.



Other goodies in the goodies pack include:
1) A OSIM Pill Timer (Maybe Bala will find some good use out of this)
2) A Freebie health magazine
3) A pen (BAX Global printing. Sponsor?)
4) 3 x LaraBar health food (energy / health bar)
5) 3 x Tatoo looking OSIM stick-ons
6) Tons of race day info for me to digest
7) A can of H-Two-O sports drink
8) Subaru cap (More on this later)

2nd What??!!
Now, A Subaru Cap joke. I'm no race car fan. Since Conan is a tires-burning (burn-lubber, in our local context), hot rod car racing fan, I called him.
Muggs:Uncle, race pack has Subaru Cap. You want? I don't like cars.
Conan:Whoa! I wan I wan I wan.

Muggs: Since we're having BBQ before my race day, maybe you want to contribute some good food in exchange for this Subaru cap. I like crabs.
Conan: I can give you crap.

Muggs: That kind, you can keep it to yourself. I have loads of them.
Conan: I can exchange some valuable information.

Muggs: None of your information is useful. Not to mention valuable.
Conan: It concerns you too. I will tell you later.

Muggs:*whispers* *pssst pssst pssst pssst* (Muggs guessed the secret information correctly himself)
Conan: KNS. Ack-Hahahaha (Mechanical laughter in attempt to mask the "leaking secret")

Muggs: Talk again. Later.
Conan: Heh heh heh

An hour later, I received a lovey-dovey SMS.

[insert Nokia SMS ringtone] Hahaha. Miss u. 2nite see u ok. My fren, Muggs, give me Subaru cap from this sunday race. Hehe. [text removed by Muggs] Hehe.

Bloody hell. I fell off my chair. Since when did Conan take a different and 180 degree turn in his sexual preference? SMS sent to wrong recipent. Ahh.. so, I discovered. I replied.

[insert Nokia SMS ringtone] Stupid old fart! I dun miss you. U send love msg to me for Fish? Goon-head. Buzz off.

Instantaneously, I heard my phone's SMS ringtone again.

[insert Nokia SMS ringtone] Shite! Sent msg to wrong person.

I stumbled upon a little secret. Told ya that the information does not concern me. Valuable? Never. But, at least, it is a good piece of news for my friend. Going for my swim later. I'll try not to laugh my swimming trunks off in the pool. By the way, Conan has requested me, at spear point, to add in codename "Xena The Warrior Princess". Shite. Eeee. I'm getting goosebumps already.

Lesson of the Day: Double Check Triple Check who you are sending an uplifting SMS to.

Posted by Muggs at 3:38 PM  

4 comments:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
7:15 PM, June 28, 2005  

Hi!!! I've not seen you for a real long time!! Leave your contact at my Email.. I'll reply you, ya?

Muggs said...
11:00 PM, June 28, 2005  

Hi...just dropping by...love the lay out of ur blog ;)
Purple cap huh? I've got a red one...dun think it's any better..hehe
Hope to see u at the race...me joining sprint only though but will be there on the 3rd too ;)

penguin said...
8:40 PM, June 29, 2005  

Hi Penguin!! Sprint race?? I see! You be there on sat?? Why don't you drop me a mail with your race number? I'll cheer for you!! I have a chalet there from Fri to Sun. Ha. Red is still better than Ribena Purple.

Muggs said...
9:08 PM, June 29, 2005  

Post a Comment