Shortie

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Read more about triathlon stuff and one of them is trying to train in the morning. So, it means no more late nights. Muggs still wants to watch "Who's Line Is It Anyway?". They even talked about time management (which is true), in the book. I decided to give it a try. But, I had to complete the routine last night. So, I still had to go for my 20min run (short of 5min, since Chini wanted to return me my LAN ethernet card).

Now, just back from a swim, which I almost had a close encounter with a fellow female swimmer. It was really crowded at the pool. Almost nudged her when an oncoming swimmer is coming head on towards me.

Oh.. .. this afternoon, at work, I asked my colleague, Commando, if he wants to take a look at one of the LBS around our workplace. So, we sped off at 1pm, walking swiftly to the LBS. Once there, we were greeted by a friendly lady (auntie actually). Who doesn't know where this place is, once we mention the friendly auntie. Anyway, we were looking around and Commando asked for the price of a GT Ava 3.0. She mentioned the price. But, took a second look at Commando. Commando being slightly shorter than Muggs (well, Muggs isn't that tall either), commented that the "S" sized GT isn't suitable for him.

Auntie: Eh... you are too short. This is not suitable for you.
Commando: *Looking hurt* Huh... am I short? (sounds familiar... think I've heard similar stuff like "Am I fat?" somewhere before)

Auntie: Yeah... I'm taller than you. Ask your friend.....
Commando: *Looking at Muggs* Issit, huh?
Muggs: ....... *Gazing elsewhere, Muggs is sooooooo not involved in this conversation*

Moment of silence ......... You could actually hear a pin drop...... now.

Auntie: Well, if you think you can handle this bike, it'll be okay for you.
Commando: *Mumbling under his breathe* #@#$%^&

Fact: Commandos are the elite forces in this world. They strike anywhere, anytime. Fearless, mean, fighting machines.

Fact: My colleague, Commando, is taller than the auntie.

Fact: Mentioning sensitive issues like height has detrimental effects on a Commando's self esteem. Auntie's words have speared through this Commando's heart like a surgeon's scalpel.

Posted by Muggs at 10:29 PM  

2 comments:

This is so funni. Hahaha, can't stop laughing at the conversation over at the LBS.

Hmmm, maybe to a guy, height is a sensitive qtn as compared like age is sensitive to a woman. :)

Anonymous said...
12:21 PM, April 20, 2005  

Yep... imagine a sad and disbelief look on a Commando's face... A rare sight.

Muggs said...
4:09 PM, April 20, 2005  

Post a Comment