Passing Baton, Cycling Rolla-Coasta

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Last night run was fantastic. Slow, but completed my objective. 8km. I think I need more shorts. Keep running out of shorts. *Grrr*

Oooo .... Lambie is doing the flying passing baton thingie. Thai - Sin - Thai - Sin. Man, I know you (Lambie) want to clock the frequent flyer miles. I don't think this can quench your thirst for the ultimate eww business. You better settle down there fast. So, we can have free accomodation when we go to "Amazing Thailand" for shopping, tour, munchies and what have you.

*Update 2255hrs*
Reach home after fetching my MTB home from a double date. Double date? 2 guys with 2 GT Ava 3.0. Close. Something even closer. From Chinatown, Commando chose to ride Orchard then BT. Gulp!! I thought that would be insane because its peak period just after work!! Maybe its our riding styles' differences. He goes up curb, along pedestrian crossing and stuff. Not exact on the road ride as I thought it would be. Once at Orchard, he fell while trying to ride up a curb. I freaked out. What's worse? His chain got stuck, jammed. After trying to release it for a while, like 10mins.. . I recalled the bike shop around the area. I said we have to try our luck. We ended up pushing the bike there, 15mins of walking to the shop. Curses!! I thought .. .. the shop is closed for the day. Lucky, I guess. One of the few staff who were talking outside the shop helped us out. Great fella. We thanked him, least I could do is shake his hand!! But, damn, I checked my phone and I already had several missed call. One of which is an important call. Commando still lead the way after fixing his chain. While on the way joining the BT long route, I saw arrow on the road pointing towards me. Sheeet!!!! We're doing the oncoming traffic, head on!! I shrieked!!! Calling out to get out of the road and onto the pavement. I just wanted to be sure. Further down the road, its a corner turning in from the main road. If any vehicle turns in at high speed, we'll be done for. We continued the rest of the journey and stopped at BT area for dinner. Oh yeah .... I'm a little edgy now ...

The only thing I can recall now, after my "thrill" ride back, is that the stock fork is not plush. Okay, for the price ... I won't ask too much. Still better than a rigid fork. Gears shifting needs some getting used to from my TCR3. My TCR3 hasn't got Ultegra parts. But, I think it still shifts better than Ava 3.0. Speed feel and climb of this little Black Steed is different from my Grey Hound too. They belong to a different class. Eh. Odometer not on Black Steed yet.

Mm .. . . I think I'll drop the BlogConvention design. Wanted to .. . but, without desktop, a little difficult. Drawing in the office is not the best thing to do.

But, I can think of some sticker designs for my MTB and / or helmet. If Conan sees this post, he's going to bug me for his Honda Mugen sticker.

Posted by Muggs at 10:55 PM  

5 comments:

oooh, fun right? to ride thru' on-coming traffic. :)

i did that a couple of times along shenton way and nicole highway. crazy but shiok...

but but... if you ask me to do it again, no thank you. haha.

Anonymous said...
8:00 AM, June 08, 2005  

to clock the adrenaline meter, I rather do other crazy stuff. I don't wish to be a road hazard. Live to ride another day.

Muggs said...
8:45 AM, June 08, 2005  

I want stickers too! Muhaha ...

-endlesstrail

Anonymous said...
8:39 PM, June 09, 2005  

Endlesstrail: Oh.. . you'll have to show me the drawing. I can provide you a sample. If you've seen those on advertisement boards, its those stickers.

Muggs said...
11:39 PM, June 09, 2005  

Or another example would be those sticker designs people stick on the exterior of their cars.

Muggs said...
11:55 PM, June 09, 2005  

Post a Comment