Makan Movies Marathon

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Whoa. ... super sleepy after a makan movies session over at CLong & Liz 's place. It was great meeting everyone.

But, my day starting a little late like 10-ish am where I was online looking for info. Chatted with ZhuiTeLun via IM and I found out that this blur king has just splashed his new shirt with car coolant. Apparently, he was checking his van if he needed to add some more. Lazy to fetch his rag, he just open the cap and viola ... splashes. Even though he has left his van to cool for an hour before checking, he conveniently took it that the vehicle would have cooled off. Oh brother ....

Around 12pm, I got offline because there would be some discussion on an upcoming trip. Met some friendly folks there, though I've seen their faces at the Charity Race before. We would not be doing the full blown bash trip. But, I guess this will be a recon mission and an assessment of our physical fitness for the showdown. More or less that we have concluded our discussion for the day and some of us went over to Campers' Corner. They are having a 30% sale now. Fay bought a Whisperlite, which I seriously think that it is a neat piece of equipment. Ooei oei oei. Whisperlite is not some "my-gf/wife-use-one-ah". Guys and gals can use it. It effectively replaces your camping cooking gas in blue little containers. Imagine. No more cold nights. Drink teh-O, kopi-see, teh-tarik .... steaming hot.

Since I'm going over to the East side CLong & Liz 's place, I dropped by at one of the LBS to pick up a Mitty8. Now, got to swap my Enduro8 on my racer to MTB. I should have bought another Enduro8 to save me the hassle. I guess I was a little early too. I walked around a little to delay some time before hitting my destination of the day.

Earliest at CLong's place, I watched cable TV while playing with his dog. Smart little fella, I tell you. My knowledge for dog species is limited and therefore not able to tell. While the guys arrive slowly one by one, we started our dinner a little late. So, it was a makan-movies rather than a makan-games session. Best of all, apart from the wide spread of food, Liz's honey lemon tea is really fantastic!! It something un-explanable. Something like a warm glow in your heart that starts emitting, after several sips. SpaceCadet finally introduced her HoustonControl to me. Nice meeting him. Getting late ... senior citizens like us all got to turn in early ... all looking like sleepy heads. Hah .. had too much fun till I forgot to take out my digicam during the party.

Posted by Muggs at 11:58 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment