Smooch

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Round trip distance of 38km today. To tuition location (tutoring KK), then to RanchuKing's place (discuss about our BBQ / Chalet plans and food preparation) and back home.

While at the junction leaving RanchuKing's place, Conan came up beside me in his SilverHawk. Waved at me and I waved back. Then, the lights turned green. He turned left and I turned right. I notice a bike (an uncle riding it) behind me trying to speed pass me and cut left into a carpark after we both turn right. When he knew he could not make it in time, he did the E-brake. So did I. My tires kissed his. Locked lips. His engine stalled. While I didn't have an engine to stall. ;p He wasn't shouting but he raised his voice slightly asking me why didn't I zipped straight when I turn right, when what I did was a right arc turn. I found it useless to argue. No one was hurt anyway. I took the bullet and made the first move to apologize. Sensing a defusing move (maybe), he asked if I'm okay and whether any on my bike is broken. I checked and said everything is fine. We went our separate ways. So many automobiles out there trying to cut corners and into cyclist tiny little one third of the left most lane. *Sigh* Oh well .. there isn't much education on this area anyway. Ride on.

Posted by Muggs at 10:58 PM  

3 comments:

Wow wow, so the black steed has a little encounter last nite. Too bad silverhawk is not near steed else can give that intruder some honking ... :D

-conan

Anonymous said...
8:51 AM, June 20, 2005  

Seow.. I think next time I got to go at 7km/hr. I noticed him at the junction already. Never knew he still want to "chiat" me when we turn.

Muggs said...
9:56 AM, June 20, 2005  

maybe uncle is daredevil ... or he enjoy extreme sport ... hehe

Btw jus now i saw some car model, they have their side decal nicely done, wanna take a pic but stall people there ... wasted

-conan

Anonymous said...
1:51 PM, June 20, 2005  

Post a Comment