How to Order Your Drinks Correctly

Friday, May 13, 2005

While waiting for my dive buddy (cum friend cum insurance agent) for some matters, I received a SMS from 54Brownie asking if I want to have dinner with them (Chini and 54Brownie). Fortunately, things ended right on the dot and I joined them for dinner. We had our prata dinner near our estate. To my surprise, I always thought that they only served Nasi Lemak. Now, I have an alternative place for my late night cycling supper. I ordered one plain and one cheese prata. Yummy. I spotted the drink that I would like to have. Milo Monster Dinosaur. I order my drink carefully, avoiding the word Monster, as it keeps on calling out to me in my head. "Milo .... Dinosaur", I said slowly but confidently.

Now.. ... the Milo Monster story .. . and how it came about. Credits to Lambie.
Lambie's colleague, D, had heard and tried this drink (Milo Dinosaur) before. So, one day while serving reservist, he was out with his mate at a mama store coffeeshop. When the waiter is here to take the order for drinks, his mates asked D what he would like to have. Now, being the eldest (the rest of his mate were way younger than D), not necessary the wisest, D wants to be the last to order his drink. When everyone was done and it was D's turn. He said, "I want Milo Monster! You have
Milo Monster?". It was just this close that his mates all die laughing. As the Hokkien dialect saying always emphasizes, "It enough to be smart. Don't act smart". Needless to say, he failed to impress his younger mates for brain storming a new name for this beverage. Milo Monster Dinosaur ..... kns

Okay, I'll let my plain and cheese prata digest now before I burn them off in my 5km run later. *Burp*

Posted by Muggs at 9:42 PM  

3 comments:

Milo monster? I also know another monster.. the Gila Monster, 2nd floor scandal.. hahaha

Coulieo said...
9:40 PM, May 14, 2005  

ooo.. .. 2nd floor scandal.... haha... its your scandal. Ha.

Muggs said...
10:11 PM, May 14, 2005  

haha... Relive of the Milo Monster!! roar!!

and wat about the 2nd floor scandal??? *raising one eyebrow*

Anonymous said...
10:56 AM, May 17, 2005  

Post a Comment