JP Run and Family Affair

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

*29 days left. Marching towards show down day. God of Gamblers can't believe it. 29 days is so close yet so far away*



Back from JP Morgan run. Coincidence that I need to do my run today too. Sorry. Mobile phone is low end stuff. No integrated state-of-the-art kind of camera. Will be getting sweaty and Muggs thought that bringing a digicam to a jog would be insane. I think there are close to a hundred participants from our company joining this 5.6km JP Morgan run. Warm-ups, followed by queuing up at the starting line for flag-off. Bumped into ex-customers of my ex-company that I worked for. We waited for about 10-15mins before flag-off. It was really stuffy. Finally, at the horn sounded off and everyone was moving off. As usual, like any other run events, people who chose to walk in this run event took a spot to stand around near the start line. Once the horn went off, they walked.... jamming all the joggers behind. Joggers will have to zig-zag and clear their way. Guess the runner/walker mindset is not a culture for a certain group of people yet. With that aside, Muggs maintained a constant pace, while trying to cut through people to get away from the crowd when possible. Finshed off in 28mins 52secs. Not ideal. But, I'm still happy with the timing. So silly, I forgot to take my pulse reading. Muggs was hanging around the end point of the race with the rest of the colleagues for a photo shoot before heading home.


Chatting with a colleague during our train ride back home, Muggs recalled that there is a family dinner. My uncle who struck lottery wanted to give a treat to all the relatives. Muggs would have attended if its not because of 2 characters that he does not wish to see. Call me anti-social. I rather accept this label than to listen to a relative ramble nonsense to piss me off. Classic example:

Muggs: (giving due respect to elders, Muggs greeted "Extreme Character" with extreme care) Hello, Aunty XXX.
Extreme Character: Wow! Is it snowing in this part of the world or is this a crazy world? You're here.

Muggs: Haha.. ha. *cough* (trying to blend in) Oh. Busy recently with work. Overloaded.
Extreme Character: Are you sure? No storm could bring you here. Or was it El Nino who blew you here?

Muggs: Oh.... no. *forcing a weak smile* Trying to get out of work. Where's Uncle XXX?
Extreme Character:
(ignoring my question) You're such a big shot. I don't know what could have brought you here? Rare guest indeed.

Muggs: (muttering under his breathe) Its your fart-gas. I followed the trail of scent. Could detect the smell 40km away.
Extreme Character: What??!!

Muggs: Oh, I said .. . You're the best. I'll follow your hint. Could only eat until you say, "Chow away".
Exterme Character: *Looking Yaya-Papaya*

That is why I never put my life at risk by attending such functions. Don't need to be obese to get an immediate cardiac arrest. Okay, time to crash out. Got to crawl to bed.

Posted by Muggs at 11:59 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment