Shall We Dance?

Saturday, January 22, 2005

My day started rather late because I had a late night due to jogging. I met up with Endless Trail and his friends to look at some mountain bikes. Since, I planned to buy one all along. I thought it would be better if I seek some advice from soneone who is familiar in this area. I need a bike to be an all rounder..... Off road, on road (for my suppers...since I need to gain weight). We went to 2 shops and I have more or less an idea of what I would be buying. We ended our search for our ideal noble steed at a coffeeshop, disgesting all the information on price tags vs. technology while we sipped our drinks away. We parted after finishing our drinks and I stopped elsewhere, meeting another friend for a show. It was "Shall We Dance?" by Richard Gere and Jennifer Lopez. Some reviews said that this show is not fantastic. But, I have a different opinion. I think this show is similar to "As Good As It Gets" by Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt. "Shall We Dance?" emphasizes on what you can do, rather than who you are, what you are and where you might be. Its about being passionate with something, an interest. One would excel in something that they put their heart and soul into. I love this particular quote from the show by Beverly Clark (played by Susan Sarandon) which says much about the meaning of a marriage:

"We need a witness to our lives. There's a billion people on the planet... I mean, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything. The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things... all of it, all of the time, every day. You're saying 'Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go un-witnessed because I will be your witness'."

I think this quote has so much meaning in it. At times, we see people around us taking relationships lightly. Why can't they spend more time and effort to improve rather than just quoting the usual line, "You wouldn't understand....". Something for all of us to digest tonight when we lie in our beds.

Posted by Muggs at 10:58 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment