Off Day Activities

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

My off day seems to kick off with a rather slow start where after my breakfast with my parents, Mr. Sunshine went on leave. Mr. Cumulus Nimbus took over instead and I knew that it was the end of my sun-tanning plan. Still, I proceed with my swim with the following configuration:
Appetizer - Warmup
2 x 100m Freestyle

Maincourse - Objective
1500m Freestyle

Dessert - Fartlek a.k.a. Interval Training = Sprint, Rest, Sprint, Rest Repetition
(It is not a bad word, you couch potatoes!! See Fartlek explanation here.)
3 x 100m Freestyle with 30secs rest interval

Done with my workout, I changed at home and went off to look for some video capturing card. By the way, I think I'll postpone the Arts Museum visit to Friday. I went to look for my bag. But, I could not find whatever I wanted. As I approached my meeting place to meet up my friends for dinner, I slipped and fell. Fortunately, I landed on the right side of my body. But, I suffered some minor cuts and bruises. I'm going to throw that pair of shoes away. There is not enough friction on the soles by Mr. Limping Marathon Runner's standards. Although it's relatively new, I think my life is more important than a pair of shoes. I will replace my dress shoes for work too because I feel like I'm wearing a pair of rollerblades.

What a day for my off day from work......

Since I've finished my DaVinci Code, I'm reading a new book on Open Water Swimming due to the fact that I'll be doing a biathlon. Life is a never ending path of learning new things and revision of knowledge for oneself.

Posted by Muggs at 1:03 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment