Ka-ching....

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Music to my ears.. .. as I hear the cash register opens up. My pro-rated bonus is already in my pocket. This can only mean one thing. Time to shop for a bicycle. Now, I wouldn't have any chance to say that I cannot participate in a triathlon event now. Of course, the last resort lame reason that I can give is ... I have no time for training. *BS*. Well, part of my bonus goes to my parents for more pocket money and CNY ang-baos (red packets) for distribution. Hence, with this outgoing sum of money, I will be able to slip away from house visiting, unquestioned. NOT. What to do? You have to be 21 to watch certain restricted movies. But, when it comes to CNY happening once a year, questions fly like darts. Rules of engagement. Once you hit a threshold age predefined by the interviewer (usually your relatives, and threshold is subjective), the interviewee better be ready for incoming artillery shelling questions like:

1) Where is your girlfriend?
(I can memorize and
have read of this question for the 349,265th number of times)
2) When are you getting a wife?
3) When are you getting married?
(Applies to question 1, if response is positive)
4) Do you think you are getting any younger?
(failure in answering question 2)
5) Are you gay?
(Question like these often comes from younger generation like cousins who are married and doubtful about your sexual preference. Just for the record, I'm straight.)
6) When are you having a kid?
(Once you have passed question 3, interrogation about your "productivity" starts)
7) When are you having more kids?
(If the number of kids you have is less than or equal to a basketball team, this question goes into an infinite loop)
Note: Questions are in no particular order and preference. Questions may vary.

Therefore, I think it is wiser to spend a smaller sum of money, get a mountain bike and cycle around the island. A definite win-win situation.

Looks like the Sun is up and time for me to do my swim. Hope I can get a good tan on my butt as well.

Posted by Muggs at 12:16 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment