Slip Away, Quick!

Monday, September 05, 2005

Life is full of nice little surprises. Isn't that wonderful? It really is.

Now, today (and for a stretch of 5 days), I'm attending a course in city area. Uncle Conan will definitely protest again, "What? On course again? Bloody good life." Sir.. it also translates.. you can handle the box already. Anyway, I don't particularly enjoy this round of training.. shall not elaborate why. Today is Taz birthday. Coincidentally, it is my cousin's wedding ceremony day as well. Years.... years so long that this fella (my cousin) has been single all the while. He's a nice chap. But, just probably didn't meet the right one. Now, my cousin-in-law (damn.. is there such a term?) is a nice lady. A great pair.

Making use of my lunch time, I thought I'll just sprint over to Registrar Of Marriages to witness my cousin's ceremony, which I did. It has already started.. I ran. After a while, his brother (yeah.. my cousin too.. isn't it obvious?) called me... I told him I was already outside.. Guess what.. the ceremony is at the hotel nearby.. Alamugg!!! Its either he forgot to tell me about it or I've taken it for granted that the usual ceremony would be held at Registrar Of Marriages. No more time to waste. I hopped on a cab and went over to the hotel, which in fact, is just across the street from my training course conducting centre. I shook hands with the couple and of course, with my aunt and uncle.

Uncle: "When is your turn, ahhhh?"
Aunt: "Go look for one girlfriend lah." (they had to make sure I'm not hiding any girlfriend in my pocket.)
Me: "Muhahhhha.... marriage.. not my game. Safety first." *silly grins*

They wanted me to stay for the buffet lunch. Told them that the training centre had catered lunch for us. I lied. Boy, I really got to rush back. Can't be late for the course due to specific political reasons. Guess what.. no time for lunch.. and a really bad idea.

After my training for the day, I went over to Orchard to get some books at the library and then dropped by at the bookstore. I found the Total Immersion book. Mmm.. I hesitated. I thought I might as well just pop by Borders too. But, let me check out the Mizuno 40% off at Paragon first. When I reached there.. drat!! The staff there told me that the 40% off was only till Mizuno Wave Run day (yesterday) .. duh! No choice.. I had to drag my feet.... head down, walking towards Borders. Maybe the timing was just lucky for me.. I met my Primary School friend, Shihao. Its nice to find out that he is finally attached. I still remember our Primary School days.. about his crush on this sweet little girl. Wait... if she doesn't flare up!! Anyway, we met her again during our Tertiary studies days.. and he still had a crush on her.. But, too bad, I think she was already attached then. Like I said, I'm glad that things are turning out fine for him. Looks like I'm going to get ready for more angbao events. Sorry... no more bestman events for me... looks like I got jinx-ed for helping out in too many bestman events.

Posted by Muggs at 9:29 PM  

4 comments:

Alamugg... given your fun and helpful nature, I am sure the sweet, young thingy (aka babe) is/are just lurking around... just hang on for them to pluck up enough courage to come up and be spotted

meanwhile, keep up your good running and swimming form

The DreamRunner said...
1:01 AM, September 06, 2005  

already no time for swim, run and biking already.. no time for babe..hahh

Muggs said...
7:20 PM, September 06, 2005  

Want me to intro babes to u?

Anonymous said...
2:27 PM, September 07, 2005  

hha...we'll see how it goes..

Muggs said...
8:03 PM, September 07, 2005  

Post a Comment