Mizuno Wave Run 2005

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Zzzz .. *Ringggggggggg* .. Gee.. time to wake up already. Wasn't it like 12am just 15mins ago? Rubbing my eyes and staring at my watch that says 0450hrs, I told myself, time to shower. IronmanDreamer will be on his way to pick me and then Renohtaram before heading towards Kovan. Once we reached Kovan, I guess a few of us are waiting at different locations. So, we didn't get to meet everyone before the race. I did happen to see several MR25 runners.

Time's up! We were ushered to the Starting Point and off we went... right at the start.. it was already chocking with people!! Some walked.. the path was narrow too. No problemo! Right at the start, I was pacing beside Taz since I have decided to go slow. My stamina can go faster.. but, my legs just wouldn't listen. See? Results of a workaholic. More time on work, less time on training. Well, we ran at a constant pace and when we saw the runners who were returning on the other side of the road, we were trying to spot SGRunners too. We saw TLR first followed by Skyver1810 with a 100 - 150m gap. DreamRunner wasn't too far behind too, followed by Commando and DO. Water points are already out of water when we did our U-Turn. This proves how slow we are. I picked up speed and left Taz behind. I finished around 57mins. Okay. I know I could have been faster. Carine won 10th position in the Women's Open. I bet _phishy would have too!!



1st Pic: Mini group photo
2nd Pic: Balasing distributing stickers
3rd Pic: Collecting SGRunners T-shirts fund

We hanged around the area.. and more new faces came by to say hi!! It's great to see you guys. I'm sorry if I missed out your names (for those who went for the run):
_phishy, Carine, BrokenRunner, sxuanjing, Lyn, Siong, TLR, Renohtaram, IronmanDreamer, DreamRunner, Kops21, Tiwazz, DO, Skyver1810, Deathscythe99, YankeeII, Philip, Cheow12, Taz, Cyberkinetic, Joggers, Fastlane, KeepRunning, Commando, Sanji182 and chPear.

Did not run, but there as pom-pom girls and boys:
Penguin, Kay

Suppose to be there, however did not see, or I might have missed:
Dong, Trisucculent, Seal and Toto.

Next, week at AHM/SBR, more SGRunners will definitely gather! More pictures!

Posted by Muggs at 1:08 PM  

9 comments:

hehhehee pom pom twins ;)

carine said...
8:10 PM, September 04, 2005  

hahah... shhh....

Muggs said...
9:04 PM, September 04, 2005  

Hey, not too bad a job for today's run, considering that you had just finished another race the day before :) Chin up, bro! =) Well done!

Anonymous said...
9:18 PM, September 04, 2005  

haha hey ka-tek commando also got go ah?

Coulieo said...
9:57 PM, September 04, 2005  

renohtaram -> just whack... but legs still a little sore from yesterday.

coulieo -> this commando is different commando..haha

Muggs said...
10:07 PM, September 04, 2005  

Hi Enjoyed reading about your runs. Hope you don't mind - I added a link from my blog to yours.

Tekko said...
12:25 PM, September 05, 2005  

Way to go Balasing!! 2 races in 2 days, steady lah!!

Your description very good read leh. :-)

5:40 PM, September 05, 2005  

wah teacher, u everytime take attendance! :) great updates. can roughly get a picture of what was going on. cos i missed it mah. :(

Fd said...
7:42 PM, September 05, 2005  

Tek ko -> no problemo. you can link me.

RunningRoadHog -> Whoa... you should have joined us... I'm sure its a PB for you. I thought I was a little long winded in the description.

Fd -> its always fun to run with them.

Muggs said...
8:19 PM, September 05, 2005  

Post a Comment