MR Run, Japanese Shrine Search

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Early. Early. Early. I woke up at 0540hrs. Dragging my lazy bottom out of bed and on to meet the runners at MR for a 2-in-1 event. In fact, a 3-in-1!! I'll be distributing T-shirts (Santa Claus), doing a 10.5km run and a Japanese Shrine trek. Location (MR) set! Time (0645hrs) set! I reached there to find Kops21 waving as he spotted me. Carine, YankeeII, Cheow12 and Tiwazz were already there. Tiwazz is going for the shorter 4.8km with Fastlane who has yet to appear. Once BrokenRunner was here, we went off for a 10.5km.

I gave the SGRunners, who did the 10.5km route in MR, a good run today! Why? Good question.

We started the clockwise direction slow and easy. Talk about girl power. Let me tell you, they rule, okay? Carine and BrokenRunner were chatting all the way. Most of the guys were already silent around half way throught the run. YankeeII lagged a little behind once we were three quarter done with the route. I was behind checking if YankeeII was okay. Guess he was just tired.

Near finishing, I had to over take everyone to take a picture of them using my phone. When I passed BrokenRunner, I mumbled, "Run slowly, ok?" to her. Next thing, I sprinted at least a good 30metres ahead. But, I heard many foot steps picking up speed and I turned to see that the rest of the people (Kops21, Cheow12, Carine, Brokenrunner) sprinting behind me. When they found out that I ran ahead just to get ready to take a picture of them, they all shouted, "Sabo!!!". I almost collapse on the ground, die laughing.

Once we were back at the carpark, we saw the rest who are going for the Japanese Shrine. DO, DreamRunner and Lee (DreamRunner's friend). Bee was there too, whom I am meeting for the first time. Fastlane, Bee and Tiwazz came back from a 4.8km route. Menmoch had a late night and did not turn up. Bselby0, no where to be seen. DO left.. when the Japanese Shrine and Tree Top Walk started... Cheow12 too.

We started the route towards Japanese Shrine and Tree Top Walk. Within minutes in the trail, we saw Sotong. Seems like I was the only person who spotted Sotong when he was running towards us in the trail. I shouted, "Ooei, Sotong!!". I think Sotong saw us first.. he was waving madly with 6 tentacles. Next up, Bselby0 came running towards us too.. Too bad he couldn't join us for the walk. We reached the vegetation bashing entry point for the Japanese Shrine. We took some photos. I did not join them. Nah... I have my own fair share of being a basher. I get to do it every year. I waited for the gang.. but they came back empty handed without reaching the Shrine. Well.. not exactly empty handed... they took some photos while bashing.

Okay. Next stop, Tree Top Walk. We reached there in just a while because it was just around the corner. We thought that it would be a great idea to do the Tree Top Walk since a few of them did not try before. We took a couple of pictures there too before heading out and back to the carpark. By then, I was already totally drained... hungry!!! It was close to lunch. We went off to Adam Road hawker and I had a less than normal fish soup. *Bah*. Best thing!!! The run, walk and company!!!



In short, I did a cheater's LSD today!! 10.5km of run + 10.5km of walk! 21km.. half marathon.

I reached home and found a package sent to me by Karlooong too!!! *Muakz*
My present, a scuba bear figurine. A Charlie Brown card!!! Thanks Karlooong and Eug



Attendance for today's MR Run/Walk
Fall In!!!! :
Kops21, Cheow12, Carine, Brokenrunner, YankeeII, Fastlane, Bee, Tiwazz and DreamRunner

Somewhere in the parade square(MR):
Bselby0 and Sotong

Drop by the parade square(MR) to say Hello:
DO

M.I.A.:
Menmoch

Heart is willing but did not Fall In:
Eunice

Reassigned to another parade:
TLR and Fd

Posted by Muggs at 6:30 PM  

7 comments:

ba-ra-da sing,

good account of the day's events. We hope to see the Jap Shrine the next time. Menawhile, we can borrow some of fastlane's photos of the shrine just to bluff-bluff a bit..hehe

A very nice bear indeed.

Cheers!

The DreamRunner said...
11:05 PM, September 24, 2005  

the bear very cute leh :)

Renohtaram said...
12:15 AM, September 25, 2005  

Eh you changed banner. Very cute bear!!!!! :D

carine said...
12:24 AM, September 25, 2005  

no more charlie brown huh. time for beary beary cute scuba teddy.

Fd said...
12:49 AM, September 25, 2005  

heh heh heh.. thanks guys. Charlie brown in the background.

Muggs said...
11:38 AM, September 25, 2005  

Haha, i didn't realise Charlie was in the background :)

Renohtaram said...
12:34 AM, September 26, 2005  

Happy Birthday!! Wanted so much to give u a call... wah piang... dat idiotic phonecard.... duno got simi problem lah... but nvm, we will reunite this coming weekend!!!

Anyway, glad dat u like the pressie... wait till u see the bears collection dat i'm bringing back... hiak hiak...

Anonymous said...
6:05 PM, September 26, 2005  

Post a Comment