New Balance Aquathlon 2005

Saturday, September 03, 2005

What a crazy day! I seem to have gotten out of bed, on the wrong side. A few hiccups happened. But, I wasn't exactly pissed. With things happening at work for this week, it was pressurizing enough already. Less time on training spent. So, on with the Aquathlon.....

I got to Sentosa earlier than most and was suppose to look for a very tall "Sotong". Well, at least, a person by the nick of Sotong. While queuing for my race pack, Commando was just behind me. But, after grabbing my race pack and I saw Kops21. What a pleasant surprise! Just behind him, its IronmanDreamer and he called out to me. Finally, meeting IronmanDreamer. We proceeded to mark our race numbers on our bodies before looking out for Sotong at the designated gathering area. We did find him eventually. It is really embarrassing to ask someone, "Hello, are you Sotong?". Luck thing, we got the right guy without receiving a punch in the face. One by one, SGRunners started to arrive. Those who joined us today are generally doing relay or multisports people. So, I whipped out my camera for picture taking.. damn.... I saw the "No memory card" displayed on the screen... silly me.. I was transferring pics last night. I must have forgotten to check.

We shifted location, nearer to the end point. Some of us, the race has already started depending on individual's wave number. For us, Menmoch, IronmanDreamer and me, waited for our turn since we're in the Men's Open Long Distance. We saw Kops21 starting his run after his swim. We cheered him. "Ooei! Faster!! You damn slow!". However, swiftly as it came, a heavy downpour that actually headed towards us like a bullet. It came really fast! A few of us were moving the bags back to the sheltered area.. suddenly IronmanDreamer and I discovered that while saving the bags, our shoes are out in the transition area. Curses... they are collecting water like pots and pans in the open. It was too late.. my Landreth got drenched. Heart ache. Hence, we decided to leave them there. Okay, the rain stopped around half and hour later and they had to re-start the race... poor people like _phishy had to redo the swim. What's worse.. most of us are already hungry since it is already 1pm plus. No choice, can't eat now. The Emcee announced for the Men's Open Long Distance to start. We did a wet start, treading water before the horn going off. According to Menmoch, he got out of the water fast, approximately 31mins. With IronmanDreamer on his tail, followed by me. On the running course, I saw a few more of them. But, IronmanDreamer overtook Menmoch. But, I went slow. Wasn't exactly going all out. Worried that my wet shoes would give blisters. I still have a Mizuno run, tomorrow. It was fantastic, _phishy got 10th placing for Women's Open. Cool! Dong received a prize for Mixed Relay first position.

So, those who went for the Aquathlon today:
Commando, Kops21, IronmanDreamer, slowandeasy, Dong, TLR, Menmoch, sxuanjing, Jesslance, Eunice, Trisucculent, Gentle, Sotong, CyberKinetic and Penguin.

Menmoch had a good race today, performing a PB. TLR's car achieved a PB too! We performed a stress test on it. He show us the power of TI Training. At AHM race pack collection, we met cheow12. AHM is using RFID, new technology. Interesting. But, what a day! Fancy meeting new faces of people from SGRunners.

Wasn't exactly satisfied with my timing.. I know I can go faster.. though my timing looks quite like my old timing = no improvement.

Asics shoe, wet wet
Don't believe, come and check



Swim: 41mins 54secs
Run: 56mins 23secs
Total: 1hr 38mins 17secs

Consequences of insufficient training clocked.

Posted by Muggs at 9:47 PM  

5 comments:

:D halo .. charlie brown .. great to meet u at the aquathlon esp during the running loops.

Anonymous said...
5:41 PM, September 05, 2005  

hhahah... nice meeting you too... see you real soon.. you look damn pro...seasoned runner.

Muggs said...
10:35 PM, September 05, 2005  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
eunice said...
11:10 PM, September 07, 2005  

hi Eunice... whoa.. why would you delete your own post? haaha

Muggs said...
12:33 AM, September 08, 2005  

pro??? nah .. aunty serious running less than a yr ..
charlie brown borrow ur blog.. halo eunice .. :p ..

Anonymous said...
1:58 PM, September 10, 2005  

Post a Comment