Tribal Challenge - Bring It On

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Last night, laptop-less, I could not create any entry on my trial swim results. As a matter of fact, I have qualified. Muggs along with another local, a French and a person whom I do not know about his nationality have created waves in the pool for our trial swim. The Frenchman, with a better stroke, finished his swim faster than the rest of us. I clocked a 36min 30sec, better than my last timed swim of 38min 30sec. 2 minutes faster.

Talking about physical fitness, I stumbled upon a book at the library which I thought was really wicked. "The Special Ops Workout". It says, "The elite exercise program inspired by The United States Special Operations Command". A brief glance at the exercise that they have provided in the book, I say it is insane. But, they do have some very interesting concepts to try out. Afterall, it's just physical fitness. You'll be lean (being mean is totally
up to you) after a few weeks of workout, based on this book. No pain? Where's the gain?

Now, I've just reached home after finishing my swim workout at the pool. Using a method instructed in "The Special Ops Workout" book, I am exhausted. Totally. I completed my 1.5km swim in the pool but this is how it goes..... Using freestyle, normal swimming style is to perform a right, following by a left arm stroke before you turn to breathe. Assuming we call this a 2 strokes per breathe. I performed the swim in a pyramid method, meaning....
First 100m - 2 strokes per breathe
Second 100m - 4 strokes per breathe
Third 100m - 6 strokes per breathe
Fourth 100m - 4 strokes per breathe
Fifth 100m - 2 strokes per breathe
That would clock a total of 500m already. I repeated the same routine till I reached a total of 1.5km. The book did specified that it is possible to go up to 10 strokes per breathe...... *What the....* I am already having difficulty at 6 strokes per breathe. We all need time, don't we? Improvement is on the way. Since I'll be staying late in the office tomorrow (due to some upgrade jobs), I'll be doing an early swim tomorrow morning. If time permits, I'll pay a visit to the barber after my work. CNY approaching soon.


Posted by Muggs at 9:59 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment