A Test of Mind and Body

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Dozens of guys gathered for a physical fitness test that they have booked today. I am one of them. I had to wake up around 6.45am and wash up before taking just one banana for energy. Light and fast to digest. As I cleared most of my static stations, I calculated the points I was accumulating. I figured out that I'm left with the last station, 2.4km run, to determine if I can get Gold award. I have not timed my runs, since my last lesiure run, which clocked a 10mins 45secs. Based on this score, I would only achieve a Silver. Of course, monetary reward is always the push factor to me. It can mean only.... more shopping... Subsidising my new jogging shoes or racing flats. Time is up, as everyone gathered at the start line. Command was given and we sped off. Reminding myself that I should maintain a 3min for first 800metres, I just kept going. At the rate I was running, I crossed the end point eventually at 10mins 1sec. Gold award it is. Now... let's take a look at some Asics or Mizuno collection around town, after my swim. Sun seems rather shy again today. Anyway, its time that I shall wash my Asics Kayano VII.

Posted by Muggs at 11:10 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment