"Turn Left. No, Right!"

Friday, August 17, 2007

Taking a half day at work, Kops21 was too kind to drive me and my GreyHound to Desaru for our Half Ironman race. I packed my stuff the night before to facilitate a swift move out. Kops21 rented a racer with Dura-ace groupset. What!!! I think I will need to crank real hard with my Tiagra groupset. Once we got the receipt for our rooms from Sotong, we started to make our way to JB. Kops21, being the makan guru, took me to a place for some nice Ban mian that uses pork balls than some lousy frozen pork. Carbo load station. It was already pouring. My poor bike got drenched! After lunch, we continued our journey to Desaru. Since I was the vehicle commander, I navigated our way to Golden Beach Resort. However, we did make a wrong turn. Some of the hotel distance signs were really confusing.

Upon arriving at the resort, we registered for our race and picked up our goodie pack. There was a free powergel from PowerBar. Bike Boutique, ToPeak and Polygon were featured in the booths. TeeLee, SassyRunner, IMD (Ultra-slacker) and SV were already in the rooms and I moved my stuff before doing some preparation work. While lazing around and watching some T.V. programmes, we spotted people doing open swims and road biking!! What were we doing? Slacking! We munched on bread and jelly beans while watching Star Sports channel. Near race briefing time, we gathered near the hall, where Sotong, Mrs. Sotong, Eunice, Roonz and Cfred just arrived not long. A race briefing was conducted and my phone kept ringing. I had to answer the call at rear and outside of the hall. Work again. Ah... Shut just arrived. Just in time for dinner.


Around dinner time, all of us walked to a nearby place for some food. Not impressive. I know where most standards stand but.. this is certainly not even close to average. Portions were small and I had to down two burgers to make a meal. Even the tea was cold. Moreover, we were feeding the mozzies there. Immediately, we got out of the place and headed back once we were done with dinner.

I can't recall what time it was when Fennel arrived. Oh! New hair do. Sleep? Suppose to sleep early and yet we watched T.V. programmes again. I turned around to find my two room mates fast asleep. Race starts at 10am tomorrow.

Posted by Muggs at 11:44 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment