Magic Potion Route

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

These days, Tuesdays are my stay-away-from-workout days. Since I bought the harness, it would be a good time to try. At Climb Asia, I passed the boulder gym to access toilets to change into my clothes. Located in Civil Servant Club's badminton hall, there is enough room for around 15 climbers at one go. Of course, there are different climb routes and grades. As I mentioned earlier, they have a boulder gym and specialty shop which serves as their registration counter as well. Just remember to take off your shoes before you enter.

Climbing? Climb on.

Not too crowded on ground today. I tried a total of 6 climbs. Well... the last 2-3 climbs were not exactly complete climbs. I was using more arm power than posture and leg power. More often than not, I heard "Elbows point down" as I gradually grew tired. "Your shoes .... must be." It isn't everyday that you get to blame your shoes for your poor performance. I wish I could do that during races. I tried on a route codename, "Magic Potion" (6A if I recall correctly). Too much for me but it was a good try with only a quarter left before reaching the top. During my fourth climb, I tried the "Ice Skating" route which involved bridging (is that right?). I ended up doing rainbow rather than isolating colors. Fifth climb was on yellow and I switched to rainbow halfway up as well. Sixth?! No more strength around 3/4 of the route and I dropped. I am no lizard! Tonight, there were several experienced climbers and I was fortunate enough to witness their magic touch and foot work.

Review: I need to work on everything! Grip, posture, steps, etc.

The dinner that followed left me nodding, runners and climbers think alike. Order everything - share. The golden question, where to eat next?

Thanks for the fun, guys!

Posted by Muggs at 11:55 PM  

2 comments:

Nice! I have yet to make a visit to the new climb Asia gym.

Anonymous said...
1:06 AM, August 09, 2007  

When?

Muggs said...
11:42 AM, August 09, 2007  

Post a Comment