Grease Monkey

Sunday, August 05, 2007

This morning, the trusty digicam had image again. Strange. Need a break? Hmm..

Before visiting a bike shop, I took my GreyHound out for a ride. Short one indeed. 4km. Half way though, my odometer showed -- -- (blank) and the speed and distance came back. I wouldn not think that it is going to kaput. But, I have no idea to trust the speed or not. I need to check it soon.

I paid a $20 to learn that my chain is still serviceable from a bike shop. I wanted to get it changed but they had the Shimano 105 9 speed instead. Worried that it might pose some problems later, I was advised not to change. Ok. But, the tune up for that $20 was less than impressive. I am no slave drive. But, one round of lube on chain costs $20? Grr... I could have gotten another 2 bottles of lube. Totally unsatisfied, I got down on my knees and dirtied by hands with patches of grease all over once I reached home. I gave the chain a good scrub and lubricated the chain and drive train again. High five, anyone? Someone?

I checked out a bike rear rack as well. High chance that I will be able to cycle to work, once the shift has been confirmed. Of course, provided there is space for me to hide my bike.

Once I have cleaned up GreyHound (BlackSteed is next), I packed and head east to meet up for a transfer to East Coast. New shoes, using Asics Cumulus VIII for the first time. Initial number of 5, we ran along the coast towards Safra chalets. When I took a shot of the surrounding, the pictures were washed like white. I think the CCD is really dead. I met Aichai and Leica on my way back. Finishing my dinner rather quickly, I left the guys to meet Shut. He told me that TLR, Ronnie and Reno each did well in their King Of The Road race. I have a new harness with me too. To rotate my new Cumulus, I tried out New Balance and gave them a chance by purchasing New Balance MR846.

Enough purchase for a day.

Posted by Muggs at 2:29 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment