Ultramarathon Re-enactment

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

On course today (in fact for the whole of this week), lightning spotted and thunder heard around 4pm. Skies looked dark and it did rained a little. A fortunate thing that it stopped before our 7pm short slow run. Blunder in the meeting point (not sure if I SMS-ed the wrong location) and sent LittleFoot to Jurong Point. *Ooops* I just trashed my sent folder and could not see if I have made the typo. *Apologies* Down to Tiwazz and myself walking over to meet Kops21 and Freddy. Upon arrival, Kops21 told us that Freddy went off due to some other issues and he pointed out to us a figure in the pool. Runalone was doing his TI swim.

We did some warm up and moved out of the gym. Along the same path.. we encounted some muddy patches from this afternoon's rain. Was it? Erm.... *Shrieks* I felt some sensations in my feet. My socks are a little damp. My shoes are stained with mud!! We were only able to see it once we reach the rays of light from the nearby street lamp.

......

I think I have to wash my shoes again from Sunday's step-a-dung incident. Another tooth brush! Someone went, "My Mizunos! Wahhhh". *Snigger* We pressed on, passing some jogger and cyclists. "Touching" the road at the designated U-Turn point, we head back to where we came from. Thoughts came across our minds, "Another 20 plus metres of mud again?". We chose a more solid path.. the road.. Discoveries! It connected to a few restaurants in a stretch of semi-detached and bungalows. Familar as it looks and memories started coming back! Ah.. I've been here before. As we proceeded.. it seem to have reached a dead end, with the expressway in front of us .. yeah, there is still a concrete path by the side of the expressway. We used that to head back to the start point.. Somehow, the concrete path ended.. and we went on the grass patch.. "Front scout, confirm ground.", I heard Kops21 shouting. Need I say who is the front scout?! LMAO! Green grass looked pretty dark and longer than usual as we came across a possible path in the bushes based on a direct azimuth back to the running path near start point. Kops21 persuaded us not to try in fear of untested grounds in lowly lit areas. What could be worse? Snakes maybe. Along the grass patch we shall move! I stepped carefully, rather slow than falls.

Was it? Erm.... "What The!!!!", I shouted... By the second word, my feet were already soaking wet. Water hazards! I pointed out and told them to look for drier spots. Tough luck.. ... they got wet too. Tiwazz related back to his experience, "Wow, Holy cow. Just like Ultramarathon day.". Estimated of 10 metres stretch of wet patch, up till ankle level, hidden underneath the grass. Three of us grumbled and walked back to the start point which was another 0.7 to 1km ahead.

Time to change and head for dinner! Lucky thing.. three of us in the wet shoes run.. else... if more were here.. they would cast stones or maybe some Asics/Mizunos at us. Run!

I saw Ben & Jerry's Fossil Fuel on the way back home. Aw,.. just a few bucks more (spent on my dinner).. could have bought it. Maybe tomorrow. Nostalgia. "Maybe tomorrow" is Tarcy Su's song.

Posted by Muggs at 11:37 PM  

2 comments:

how bala...

u wash ur shoes oreadi or not har..
me going to wash now...:D

Anonymous said...
3:07 PM, January 19, 2006  

suppose to wash last night.. but.. too engross in doing this web template

Muggs said...
3:15 PM, January 19, 2006  

Post a Comment