Run and Sniff

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A short 6km run today. However, in the city area, called the CBD run. Something wrong with the name here. It should be called the Run and Sniff event. We ran into Marina South, I probably ran at a faster pace, where most have not warmed up yet. Passing by the buffet open area and Long Beach restaurant too, smell of BBQ and seafood filled our lungs instead of oxygen! We could no longer hear our own panting. It was our growling stomach instead. The restaurant diners saw a bunch of crazy people who ran pass them. It was such a tease! We were right there... and we could not stop for even a chicken wing.. not to mention a baked lobster with cheese.



Nearing to the end point, probably 0.8km away, my phone rang. Zoossh on the line, confirming our trip. Lucky thing that I am pretty used to talking over the mobile phone and running. It wasn't that bad, I could still pick up some speed.

We had dinner at Maxwell market, where I ordered a Char Kway Teow.. 1 person at the wok, 2 overseeing orders, I had to do a self service collection and they still got my order wrong. Brilliant! I ordered a Banana milk from a fruit juice stall.. and topped up with a mug of sour plum juice. Oooooo... heavenly.

Posted by Muggs at 11:47 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment