Not-So-LSD

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Wanting to do a morning LSD at MR-Lower-Upper Peirce, I had to changed it to mid-day instead. Hot. Equiped with a cap, sunglass, digicam and my new CamelBak, I went ahead to explore new places. Once I reached MR, I did more stretching than usual before starting out.



I took the usual 4km route exiting to the main route. For the 10.5km route, we would usually turn left. This time, I turned right, following a nicely formed gravel path just beside the road. Just when I thought I am reaching Uppper Thomson, the path led me back into vegetation of MR again. Hmm.. seems like still far? I continued to jog, crossing some small bridges and ran along a stream. Pausing occasionally to enjoy the surrounding and taking pictures.. I did not want to go too fast, while monitoring my ankle too. Soon, I reached a clearing after getting out of the vegetation where there is a car park. I took a left turn out of the car park, using Island Club Road to join to Upper Thomson Road. Jogging along the pavement, passing a temple and Peirce Secondary School on my right, I soon reached the Old Upper Thomson Road. Lower Peirce Reservior was just in front of me. I continued with several nice bungalows on my right.



In no time, Casuarina Road right before my very eyes. Probably given that fact that I have not taken my lunch yet, hunger pang struck. I was down to a run-walk strategy with a growling stomach when I reached the Upper Peirce Reservior Park. Yeah ... I still had slopes to tackle. *Growl* That did not help. After a few pictures and walking around, I headed back to the Casuarina Road. Along the way, a friendly fellow Indian motorist offered me a ride on his bike. I declined politely. Me .. being smelly and sweaty after the run, I rather walk / run back to Casuarina. A nice gesture from him to stop by and ask me if I needed a ride.

Famished, starved. I ordered 2 plain and 2 egg pratas with an ice cold lime juice. Fuel is important. So .. . my orginal plan was to run back to MR. I had to cut short due to missing my lunch. A recce that is a LSD (but Not-So-LSD) run at 14.6km. The good stretching before I started my run served me well.

Posted by Muggs at 9:58 PM  

7 comments:

hey, great FR!

Renohtaram said...
11:52 PM, January 29, 2006  

wow! remind me of how TLR used to do his blog....very good detailed recce report..keep it up

Anonymous said...
1:02 AM, January 30, 2006  

reno - *blush*

taz - he still does! I think I missed the air-con route. I'll go there again.

1twit - you can!! I'm a slacker actually. But, I kick myself in the butt to get out of the house. Happy New Year!

Muggs said...
6:09 PM, January 30, 2006  

bala...

good job... :)

i know where to get a detail FR if
i needed one... :)

Anonymous said...
10:57 PM, January 31, 2006  

FR is fun. I think I will do one again for the Seletar dam.

Muggs said...
11:45 AM, February 01, 2006  

whoa!Haven't drop by for very long.Nice layout.Hey u ran on the tarmac road all the way into upper pierce? I hiked in with my friend before, also from MR to lower pierce and then by the road to upper pierce. The long way in was a killer under the scorching sun, and to think u ran in! *kowtow* upper pierce is very beautiful nevertheless!

Anonymous said...
8:19 PM, February 07, 2006  

Its not that bad. But, I think I missed turning into a few places that I would like to explore via running. I would go there again!

Muggs said...
10:05 AM, February 08, 2006  

Post a Comment