Waste Me Day

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

What a waste. A day on standby after fixing stuff ready for presentation. Presentation got postponed to 4pm. Sheeesh. I could have done some testing in office. Don't waste time! Since I don't have materials that I want to read with me, I proceeded to do some designs. At least I got one up. Presentation shot pass 6pm and someone had to take over might night job. *Mumbles* "Should have been this in the first place". Nearing 7pm, I popped by the CDB run area to find the runners already geared up and doing their warm-ups. I chatted with a few of them and saw a few new faces. Most asked me where is my running gear. IMD even asked me to do the Bull Run, to run in office wear. What?!!

They went off for their 6-7km and I walked over to Tanjong Pagar NTUC to get some cups for their Isotonic drinks when they are back. Tekko made a guest appearance. Sxuanjing was kind enough to get 2 cold 1.5L of Isotonic. She called me a waiter... Yeah.. anyway, I've been a banquet waiter before during my school time holidays to help out. Some of the runners went off then, we bade them good bye, hoping to see them next week. Most of us went for dinner at Maxwell before heading home. I took an above average wanton noodle (quite good for a $3), light dinner to me. I needed to run once I get home since I did not have any chance to run at all. On our way to the train station, we imparted some out-of-date old skool skills to Philip where he exclaimed, "Don't work this way anymore!"

Allowing digestion of the 4 wonderful wantons, I sat till 11pm before I headed out towards the track. 3.1km average. Quick-Recovery for 4 laps before the stitch came. *Grits teeth* Not so quick-Walk for 2 laps. 2.8km slow. I don't need to reach for the stars... I'm seeing them. Just in time to see Bala and Ymother walking back.

*Whistle* 3 figure mails found its way to my mailbox. *Blinks eyes*

Posted by Muggs at 11:57 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment