Despondent About Life

Friday, February 24, 2006

I never thought that something that sounds like a chain mail would befall on my friend. All I could do is lend him my ears.

Hi, Darling. Why does your hands feel cold now? Speak to me.
Look at me. Wake up, my dear! I am here.


Oh, how time has passed since I knew you were the one, my high school sweetheart.
7 years ago, I announced to the world, an angle touched my heart.

Right after graduation, you had to leave for U.S. with your parents.
I let you go to further studies for your own good.
Afterall, I know our love is strong.

Each year's, you never fail to travel 20 over hours on a plane just to spend your vacation with me. I cherished every moment with you because our reunion is short.
This year's Valentines' day, I sent you home after our candlelight dinner.

I called you the next day to wake you up.
Baby, where did you go? Please pick up your phone.

My love, you are scaring me now. Where can you be?
Your friends have not seen you for a day. Please tell me you are okay.
I pray.

A stranger informed me of your whereabouts via the phone.
They say you were involved in an accident.
I sat there and my mind turned blank.
I wish that all these were nothing but just a prank.

Could have, would have, should have.
Now, without you, food has lost its taste. Roses have lost its shade.
Even breathing seems like a chore, every minute, every day.
Day or night? I don't care.

What happens to our plans? Next year, we shall be settling down in the U.K.
I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. Why are all of these, shattered in an instant?

Honey, I am lost. Tell me what I should do.
I will never forget that lovely smile of yours.
I do not know how long I can hold on to before I break down.

However, there is one thing I know for sure.
Darling, one day .... I will see you again.


*Sigh* Pause. Look around you. To that special someone in your life, look at them in the eyes, give them a big hug.

For your love ones, say how much they mean to you, in your life. Say it and make sure you mean it.

Posted by Muggs at 10:56 PM