Kings and Queens of Ice Arena

Saturday, February 25, 2006

After watching Torino 2006, figure skating, at wee hours this morning, I felt better.

I love watching figure skating. I feel calm each time, watching competitors move on the ice with such grace and perfect coordination.

Boardgames battle on! TLR, Fd, Sportventurer, Wildcat, Tiwazz, Le_Charlotte and Philip turned up for the gaming session. We played 2 rounds of Scotland Yard, where I was the Mr. X for round 1 and Le_Charlotte as Ms. X for round 2. She was so funny with the single eye-ed pink lamb plushie. Sportventurer got a little hungry and hugged a hamburger plushie. I could smell the traits of a thief in Wildcat too!! He'll make a good thief. OMG!! Why is Wildcat and TLR wearing the same Tee? These two brothers... Wildcat left early and was replaced by Renohtaram who joined us later. We played Rumis then till 5pm, where it was my set.



Feeling hungry, all of us went to take our dinner, Biriyani!! We bumped into BrokenRunner on our way there and got her to join us for the dinner. Dasher came along, after his Salsa class too. We were still playing Rumis at the restaurant! Most of us left after dinner, leaving a few of us to shop around Bugis area.

Our friend feels worn out. I hope he's okay! Heads up!

A song I heard in the cafe. It has been a long time, since I last heard this song. Definitely in my favorite list.

Artist: Southern Sons
Title: You Were There

I guess you heard, I guess you know
In time I'd have told you, but I guess I'm too slow.
And it's overly romantic but I know that it's real
I hope you don't you mind if I say what I feel.
It's like I'm in somebody else's dream,
This could not be happening to me.

(Chorus)
But you were there, and you were everything I'd never seen.
You woke me up from this long and endless sleep.
I was alone.
I opened my eyes and you were there.

Don't be alarmed, no don't be concerned.
I don't want to change things
leave them just as they were.
I mean nothing's really different
It's me who feel strange.
I'm always lost for words when someone mentions your name.
I know I'll get over this for sure
I'm not the type who dreams there could be more.

(Chorus)
But you were there, and you were everything I'd never seen.
You woke me up from this long and endless sleep.
I was alone.
I opened my eyes and you were there.

Can I take your smile home with me,
or the magic in your hair?

The rain has stopped, the storm has passed
Look at all the colors now the sun's here at last.
I supposed that you'll be leaving but I want you to know
Part of you stays with me even after you go.
Like an actor playing someone else's scene
This could not be happening to me.

But you were there, and you were everything I'd never seen.
You woke me up from this long and empty sleep.
I was alone.
I opened my eyes and no, I'm not alone, I'm not alone.
I opened my eyes and you were there.

(http://lyrics.rare-lyrics.com)

*Heart beats fast* *Sob sob* They played Craig David's Unbelievable too, plus some other really old songs that were familiar to me.

I am suppose to go for a run tomorrow.. but I forgot to print out the map for it. *slaps head loud* Sigh. Blur.

Posted by Muggs at 10:09 PM  

3 comments:

Whoa. I see you've been having some heavy board games training! Way to go!

-endlesstrail

Anonymous said...
11:11 PM, February 26, 2006  

lol... no.. not heavy training at all..

Muggs said...
11:35 PM, February 26, 2006  

It's still training nevertheless ... ;p

-endlesstrail

Anonymous said...
11:06 PM, February 27, 2006  

Post a Comment