Company Retreat

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Most of us turned up at work in casual wear knowing that it will be a half day affair before the start our short company retreat. I settled a couple of stuff before packing up for our first stop, Climb Adventure.

After doing our company's review and stuff, we mingled around before we start our climb. The staff at Climb Adventure went through the points to take note for a climber and belayer. Yeah, I have done climbs before. Well, those wall climbs that I have done are all for kiddos. Short walls not higher than 2.5metres which do not require any climbing harness.

Today, a first time for me that I had a harness on and went higher than before. I do not have problem with heights and managed to do a few climbs before I became a belayer. I was the anchor man for a 70+kg climber. We all had fun. A really big boned colleague of mine was able to reach the top. Everyone cheered for her!!!I am pretty impressed by her stamina and determination. It took her a few painful tries before she succeeded. She was scratched a few times on her hands and banged her left knee too.

I missed the climbing introduction program from my ex-company. But, it was great that I learned something new today about climbing.



Reaching the resort, we were assigned with our bunk with two to a room. I changed before heading for the poolside BBQ. The BBQ food was done by the resort staff and I ate 2 plates of fried rice with meat and vegetables. They had my favourite corn and potatoes!! Right after dinner, we did a charade game and we won some vouchers. Do I hear a spanking new MP3 player coming? Yeeeee-haw!!

Most of them headed off for a karaoke session and I decided to go for a jog. After warming up, I started at 10.30pm. I was soon stopped by a couple of tourists asking or directions to the beach and I pointed out to them the way there. I ran a few loops near the beach passing some people which occasionally threw weird stares at a crazy jogger in the night, running along the beach. With an approximate 5km, I returned to the resort and did my warm downs. Still perspiring, I read some newspapers before
heading back to my room. I was in the lift together with the same tourists which I bumped into earlier during the start of my run. We had a brief chat and I greeted them a good night.

Bathed and comfortable now, let me have a coffee and watch some TV programmes till 3am plus before drifting off to sleep. My bunk mate came back from karaoke around 3.45am. Power.



Awaken by the morning call, I changed into beach wear and went for breakfast at the cafe. A quick bite and we are off to a briefing of rules on Captain Ball. Heading to the direction of the beach, everyone got really excited. All of us trashed it out for a best of 3 matches win. Our team lost and even though there were bruises received for both teams, it was all part of the fun. We shook hands, got all our vouchers and everyone goes home as a winner. Still high in spirits, the walk back to the resort was all about the moves that they made during the Captain Ball game. We glued our butts on the cafe's seats and ordered drinks. Since there wasn't going to be any other activities, I took a quick shower before meeting IMD, SportsVenturer, Tiwazz and Sotong. Sotong drove his car to meet me at the resort entrance before heading back to HarbourFront for our lunch. Sotong had to go off and we bade farewell to him. The rest of us took our lunch before heading back home. IMD and I had a long wait for our bus which came like 30mins since our wait at the bus stop. What is wrong?!!!

Posted by Muggs at 8:26 PM  

2 comments:

oh, the climbing venue u went to is Climb Adventure. Not Climb Asia. :)

qwerty said...
11:06 PM, February 11, 2006  

ooops!! hee hee.. Thanks qwerty!! Corrected that.

Muggs said...
11:23 PM, February 11, 2006  

Post a Comment