Byebye Love Handles, Hello 2kg

Friday, February 17, 2006

Now.. that doesn't sound too logical, does it? Here's the explanation to it.

Probably the running around toned my mid-sections *shy*... and the regular meals timing helped me in gaining some weight. This has been proved twice... happening again, this time round.

Time to gather with buddies and some see-you-once-a-year figures for a 1.5 week stay. As always, EagleNest is the entertainer of our group. A wink, a smile or a one-liner from him, we would all burst into laughter.

I buddied with one of the guys where we did IV drips administration. Since no one buddied the poor fella, I dragged him and went ahead first. Prep-ed with all the stuff, I penetrated my IV buddy's forearm with the catheter needle. Tough skin and muscle groups!! I tried to "navigate" to slice the vein and I missed. Declared as a miss, it was his turn to poke the needle into my forearm this time. Lying down and completely trusting (since we're all "trying" our best) him, resistance is quite futile here. I felt the sharp tip piercing the skin on my arm and the familiar "I got poked" IntraVenous feeling came back. "Okay ... I can feel you doing the topo thing under my skin now.", I gave feedback. My buddy responded, "Good... its a hit!". Feeling the sliding of plastic sheath into my vein, I was suddenly greeted with a series of poking sensation. What was that!?? After the entire practise, I found out that my buddy pierced my vein at a location too close to a Y-junction or split of my bigger targeted vein. Hence, when he pushed the plastic sheath further into my vein, he was actually hitting the Y-junction of my vein continuously. *Squirming and squinting my eyes* "Ooops. ... I forgot to press to stop the flow of blood." "What oops?!" Next split second, I was close to passing out. "Oooei!", I shouted. He sort of rectified the problem and continued to connect the Saline solution pack to the back connector of the plastic sheath. Confirming the entire sequence is correct, it was slowly taken down. *Owww* I feel like kicking someone. Did I mention that we got the biggest caliber needle?

While V-day was a special day for most, where they all went to accompany love ones, I stayed back. Silly as it sounds, I was rather laid back in bed, listening at love dedications over my FM receiver.

Fitness test was canceled today due to Cat 1 weather. Damn!! I was all ready to run! I was hoping to make some saves today too. Looks like a couple of the guys will be on their own, when they clear their 2.4km.

*Cough cough* .... I got a slight fever during training and now down with sore throat and cough... can't seem to shake it off.. .. been soaking up H2O like a sponge.

Heard and read news on the HK SCMarathon... sad to know that the air claimed a life of a marathoner and had hundreds others were down. This is frustrating to know, for a runner.

Posted by Muggs at 9:33 PM  

2 comments:

haha...u a medic too? i soooo empathise with you, having gone through similar situations (read: IV scares) through mutual "buddy poking" in army hehe. being "topo-ed" can be a real agony *shakes hand*

:PP

cosmic_wind

Anonymous said...
9:31 AM, February 18, 2006  

IV exercise!! gosh... ur medic instructor so on this time. so have the camp shifted to pasir lebar or still @ tanjong gul?

Anonymous said...
6:09 PM, February 18, 2006  

Post a Comment