Killer Intervals

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

What killed me first.. was today's work. It was the joke that killed me. No worth in mentioning the whole story. But, it like sticking a Desert Eagle in your mouth and going into a trigger frenzy.

I went with some of our colleagues to Yacht Club for a invited Lunch for Technical Staff. Blessed with a round happy belly, RLEK managed well at his humongous Chicken Chop. I had a Spaghetti Bolognese PLUS some snacking at a huge fatty Pork Knuckle and a plate of Snapper. Breaking off at 2.30pm, RLEK rushed for his appointment, while I had my own. I finished just in time to meet the gang for some interval training.



At least the guys that I met this evening, brightened up my day a whole lot. You can say they lifted my spirits! I forgot about the incident totally. I did a cheater's interval. I wouldn't even call it training because I cheated. Okay, I did a slow jog after the third lap before I did my fourth. Just a little. I arrived early with Tiwazz. He wasn't running and could only be a jagar-er. I did my warm up and started a slow 1.6km jog to kick start my legs for tougher torturous laps ahead. I was soon joined by Sotong. I called out to a friend I met on the tracks. Not too long, we saw IMD who seem to have just reached. Time for me to start the 800m run-till-tongue-stick-out laps. *Boom* I'm off.
1st Lap - 3:00
2nd Lap - 3:15
3rd Lap - 3:30
Cheated by jogging a slow 1.2km before Lap 4.
4th Lap - 3:30
Totals up to a 7km.

During my second lap, I saw Brokenrunner who just reached and Bee starting her jog on the tracks. Everyone did their intervals, where Bee tried several 100m. Tiwazz still out from the suspected ITB, acted as the Ultimate Bag Jagar-er (assistant "Coach"). Mythos did a guest appearance for some chit chats before heading back to work. He was the "Chief Coach" and looked totally tempted to join us. IMD did his Quantum Leap strides, making intervals look all so easy. There were a few good runners on the tracks. As a usual practice, they spotted and pointed out to a CC2P. I went to the fitness corner for a couple of chin-ups and changed a fresh set of clothing before leaving to meet my buddy SH for some discussion. Missed the chance to dine with the guys. I walked around the mall after the meet up with SH. Tired already, I was still composing/replying emails for work on the way home via MRT.

Back home now, I am still doing some stretching. I just finished replying all my work mails. 2.50am already? Damn tired.

I'm torn between 3 separate appointments later today. Lou Hey with family members or Lou Hey with RLEK, PolarBear and Beng or ninja swim. I have to go family.

Posted by Muggs at 11:18 PM  

2 comments:

That is Tampines Stadium.

Hmmm, do you stay near there? :)

Anonymous said...
10:29 AM, February 09, 2006  

Smart!! Sharp eyes!! I don't stay around there. In fact, far from there. I was running with friends.

Muggs said...
11:00 AM, February 09, 2006  

Post a Comment