Money, Damn Funny

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Money... ooo.. sensitive topic. It is when you are asking:
"How much do you have in the bank?" (Null!!!)
"How much do you earn per month?" (measly teeny weeny small wage)
"How much did you pay for that fuelbelt?" (depends... maybe you are that sucker that paid for an extra $30)
"Were you the winner of the last toto draw?" *eyes roll*

It can go boastful with regards to dollars and cents when stuff you ask is about:
"How much did you pay for that bling-bling watch?" (Ok lah, $x.xk only)
"How much did you pay for that car?" (Cheap lah, $xxxk only)
"How much did you pay for that landed property?" (Very cheap, $xM only)

Money might not be everything. It IS something when stuff that you need, can be paid with money. No, I'm not talking about credit cards because those are not YOUR money. I might not be earning like soccer players whose pay go in Pounds per week. I am happy that I am able to pay my bills, on my own.

I always remember my maternal grand-mother who teaches me to be a down-to-earth person. Her quote: "Who to blame(no one), but myself for being poor. Grit my teeth, cos its full steam ahead!". I miss her already.

Okay... I hear my Asics Gel Cumulus VII calling.

Posted by Muggs at 10:34 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment