Inspired!!

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I turned up on time for my appointment today. Kinda nervous and excited to meet the person, face to face. I have not seen the person yet. But, there is so much heard about the character that I am about to meet today.

Approximately around our meeting time, Mr. Lim Nghee Huat, finisher of the 168km NTU run, turned up in a simple polo and pants. If it weren't for the publicity, he would have seem to be like one of your neighbor-next-door. Still.. .. I noticed that he is a simple person. Humble. Willing to share. We (a few of us) touched on the topics that we would be covering for the 3rd Run Together cum Running Experiences Sharing session with Mr. Lim. Covering on other things like logistics preparation and planning for the day to ensure that the event is smoother and more meaningful for everyone. Time flies fast when you are enjoying company. We got so carried away with him sharing with us some of this thoughts and experiences on the 168km as well as other events. He did a LSD of 85km to prepare for this 168km!!! Gosh! At around 6pm, we concluded our discussion and thanked him for meeting up with us. Yikes.... I have a flyer to make for this event.

I feel totally inspired by his achievements and advice. I am moved by his friendly and approachable personality too. I am sure that this Sunday's event will be beneficial to most.

Yikessss! Just 3km into my run... the lightning was getting threatening.... I had to call it quits before it gets too dangerous.

Posted by Muggs at 11:45 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment