3rd Get Together Run

Sunday, November 13, 2005



I was in the office again this morning.. AGAIN? Nevermind that.

I met up with Tiwazz at the Temple of the Geeks. I wanted to pick up a PDA. Tiwazz was running a little late and I went ahead with my purchase. I linked-up with him and we walked over to our meeting point to take lunch together with Carine. But, Tiwazz and I were the ones having lunch since Carine took hers. What would runners do when they are together?! They talk about running! Once we were done with our simple lunch (I heard that we were suppose to have Katong laksa for dinner), we made our way to the bus stop and hopped on a bus to Katong CC. Since we were early (DO was already there), we helped out a little before the rest of the crowd came. Slowly, the crowd came pouring in. Ahh... I finally get to see who Seal is. He has yet to redeem his cup of coffee. I am happy to see new faces too. Cosmic_wind whom I would like to meet, came today too. Too many names to be named for the people that I met today. Let us continue...

The students of NJC were helping out to arrange the tables and chairs. Some of the runners helped out too. By this time, I had a missed call. It was Beng!! From his block, he could see me running around in the CC. LOL! I told him I was carrying stuff, arrange the chairs for the talk. The talk started, with Brokenrunner seriously funny when she was nominated to be the emcee. I am sure she will do a good job. I was half listening to Mr. Lim Nghee Huat's talk, half manning the table for registration. Still ..., some people tried to be funny. I think that was pretty rude. C'mon. ... give us due credit for arrange things like this and all you can do is ask. People with poor manners... can I even call them, people?

Anyway, the talk ended, I got my new pair of Asics GEL Cumulus VII too. I had to try them ON!! Haaa!! NEAT! However, I helped out as a road Marshall with Whr being the mobile Marshaller!! Probably another point to take note the next time, marshalling routes. Hmm...

We ended the run back at the CC. It was getting late. Some of us changed and showered. We did a short briefing on what are the up coming running events and get together sessions before the end of this year. I think we will have more fun!! Feeling hyper-excited over all these events!! Okay, we moved over to a hawker centre nearby to settle our dinner. A big group chatting around in separate tables. The gathering ended with most of us deciding to head back home. Cheow12 gave Tiwazz, Renohtaram and myself a lift home. Thanks!

What can I say?! I am eager to try out my new shoes! I was still in them when I reached home. I dumped my stuff and heading out for a run. I wanted to do an 18km but ended up doing 12km instead. I did not want a nagging ankle to become a nasty ankle.

Needless to say, none of us had experience in this non-profit form of organizing events. I would say that it is getting big. Big has its problems. A lot of us are slowly chipping in to make this place a better community for people with running interest.

Maybe this is not exactly a run as in a long run. Nevertheless, it was great meeting a lot of new faces as well as familiar faces! I really had a fun day! Thank you, guys! As usual, a list of attendees based on my memory: Taz, Tiwazz, Bee, Renohtaram, BrokenRunner, TLR, Commando, Pretty, Cheow12, Violet, Sanji182, DreamRunner, Carine, Meteor, Alvo2102, Clive, DO, Seal, Whr, IronmanDreamer, Kops21, run.run.runaway, Bug, Superboy82, Novaflux, Cokiee, Sumiko, Freddy, Kudanil, Hedgehog, jamessoh, Cosmic_wind, YankeeII, Wildcat, Slacker, Bselby0, Leica, Fellyruns, Tekko, Garfield, Ultraman, Gohkm, LittleFoot, Chankw and RunEssence

Where is ...
Fatty, Cyberkinetic, True_Atlantean

Sorry if I missed any.

Posted by Muggs at 11:24 PM  

6 comments:

wow....i din realise it's such a BIG group! anyway, dinner at the nearby hawker centre??!!! c'mon...u should have gone to old airport rd hawker instead. the food here sucks... ;p

Anonymous said...
6:05 PM, November 14, 2005  

I think we had a group of close to 90 people.

Muggs said...
12:03 AM, November 15, 2005  

Woooo Nova was here!
hee great work indian! your picture mosaic is pretty cool. Mabbe I can learn how to do one of these blogs from you these days!

Novafluxation

Anonymous said...
12:08 PM, November 17, 2005  

anytime, Novaflux!!!

Muggs said...
2:36 AM, November 18, 2005  

how waz ur cumulus? tried it for run yet?

Renohtaram said...
5:15 PM, November 19, 2005  

I like the Cumulus. I took it for a run last week before deciding to stop in order to rest my ankle. Feeling better.

Muggs said...
1:25 AM, November 20, 2005  

Post a Comment