Splash Clash

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

"Swimming" is on today's menu. Simple structure consisting

  • warm up 800m free and mixed
  • main set 2km
  • warm down 500m
I gave the last 200m a miss because I almost got chased out of the facility.

During the swim, I was quite apologetic about slamming in a lady swimmer who was there to learn how to swim. It was just four strokes from me that I looked at the floor and *bam* I felt my right hand hitting into something. It was too early to reach the end of the pool. We both said 'sorry' for cutting into each others' path. At that instant, my right calf tighten and I was having a cramp. Looking absolutely silly in a calf stretch position right in the middle of the pool, I held that posture for a good thirty seconds. While swimming back to the end, I was still having slight muscle pull on my calf. Right away, I took two minutes off at the poolside doing calf stretches and continued with my swim on a different lane after that.

Speaking of which, more stretches required now.

Posted by Muggs at 9:47 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment