MR-BT Trail Recce

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Tiring... let me write all of this down.

5am. My alarm went off exactly at 5am. Beating all odds, I climbed out of bed. Prepared myself and gave a morning call while stretching my legs. 'Wake up!!!!' 'Uncle Bala ... *mumble mumble mumble*' 'What did you say? Come on, ice cream for you, if you come on over.' 'Okay okay!' Whoa! That was the loudest and clearest Okay I have received. Enough of okays and my stretching, I did a slow run to Botanic Gardens. Apparently, my fueling is not enough and I had to stop by a 7-11 for some drinks. Upon reaching BG (just in time), deposit service by Sotong was already open. A short briefing on the route and we were off. Sweeper Roonz screamed, 'Ooei, don't make me do extra work! You people don't slack and fall behind me!' Some sweeper she is! Tiwazz and I broke off from the group to turn into Sixth Avenue where as the rest continued to King Albert Park. Reaching the finishing point, we saw Jeffrey and IMD while we were doing our warm down. I think it was a 19-20km for me. The main group soon came back one after another. We settled our breakfast at an air-conditioned food court before splitting up and heading home. Some of us wanted ice cream. Out of luck, it was not their opening hours yet and we only found out when we were there. Three guys and a lady checked out the queue for Botak Jones before heading home.

I re-packed for the afternoon event, took my lunch and went straight to MacRitchie. 7kg load and a walk from MR to Bukit Timah. Due to shortage in time, we skipped the Tree Top portion and headed to Rifle Range Road trail. By following the red colored markers, it would lead you eventually to Bukit Timah. We clocked a total distance of 10.2km. I will leave you guys with some pictures. Without a doubt, I slept on the bus again.

Posted by Muggs at 7:49 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment