Race: New Balance Real Run 2006

Sunday, August 20, 2006

I get all panicky when it comes to a race. Unable to wake up in time, is usually the reason. Tiwazz's friend gave me a lift to Sentosa this morning for the Real Run. We were beside Roentgen's vehicle just before turning into the gantry for Sentosa. He was kind enough to let us cut queue and I wasn't too sure if the vehicle behind Roentgen's, gave him a "complaint" horn? Once we settled for the parking lot, we walked towards the meeting point. Waa..... lots of faces that I have not seen for a really long time. 136Fallschirmjäger, Freddy, True_Atlantean, Shaunzer and more! I met a couple of old friends that I know at this run too. WeeKeong and Roger (which I always see him in races). The run is pretty much the same as last year. I didn't really go fast and was constantly checking my knee. One particular Caucasian (wearing a MR25 singlet) was pretty funny. At the stretch of sand, he went, "Aiyoh... seow ah... very siong!". Pretty unusual but funny at the same time to hear him speak with a local accent. Happy with this run. Not looking at any PBs.. just keep moving, that's all.

After the race, some of us went to the beach area to chill out. Some swam while the others played volleyball. Thanks to those who provided pinic food!!


I remember clearly that last year, in this same race, I met a lot of new friends. People who are behind the monitors and keyboards ... !! Relating names to faces.

Posted by Muggs at 9:20 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment