Run-Stop-Run-Stop-Run-Stop

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I had fun torturing my colleagues for a 2.4km run and later did a 10 over km run with the guys at SGR. First, I only managed to dragged 3 unwilling souls to run a 2.4km along the canal jogging track. Of course, it was more walking than running for them. But, it is a good start. I did a 2.8km, running to each of them to encourage them. This is only a warm-up before I meet the group.

Once we were done with the 2.4km, I headed home straight. Dumped my stuff on the ground and went out to join back the canal stretch at a different section (I am staying nearby). Penguin called me on my mobile while I was on my way out. It seems like she is late and none in the group knew that she was coming. I punched a few guys' numbers and none of them picked up the phone. I guess they must have started the run. When I reached the canal, I saw a big group of runners ahead. It must be them!!! Such a big of runners at this time, this place?! Too much of a coincidence. I sprinted ahead. "Tiwazz, Kops21, Carine!!" Finally, I caught their attention. Too bad, I disrupted the group's momentum. But, poor Penguin was stranded. I called her mobile and Kops21 got her to place her stuff in the gym and wait for us to return. She would probably join us for dinner instead. Alright! Enough talking! We got to carry on!

Running along the main road now, we hooked back in to join the canal around 1km later. That was when Ultraman did his guest appearance. I was behind the group running with Kops21. Everyone shouted, "Ultraman, Ultraman, Ultraman!!" Damn... probably it was a little too dark. I couldn't see a thing. Before I even knew it, the dust settled.... Ultraman was gone. Maybe there were some monsters out there wreaking havoc in the city. Ultraman went off to save the day!

We continued our route, while stopping at the traffic lights waiting to cross the junction. Once we crossed the junction, viola! We bumped into Penguin and IronmanDreamer. Hooray!! We are running back in a group. Too bad, we had to cut short Penguin and IronmanDreamer's distance, about 4km less. Ending at IBP, we took pictures again. I shook hands with new faces, increasing my face recognition database. Too bad I had to settle something. I headed home early, missing out a dinner with them. IronmanDreamer is going home too and he intends to jog home. Joining him, I had a good time chit-chatting all the way home, while he continued his journey.

It was great running with: IronmanDreamer, Penguin, Dreamrunner, Flip, Slacker, Runalone, Whr, Freddy, Spectre, Carine and Kops21. Ultraman did a guest appearance.

I vaguely recall a song that I heard last night while drifting off to sleep. I once looped this song to infinity.

Artist: Selena
Title: Dreaming Of You


Late at night when all the world is sleeping
I stay up late and think of you and I wish on a star
That somewhere you are thinking of me too

'Cause I'm dreaming of you tonight
'Til tomorrow I'll be holding you tight
And there's nowhere in the world I'd rather be
Than here in my room dreaming about you and me

Wonder if you ever see me and I wonder if you
Know I'm there (Am I there)
If you looked in my eyes would you see what's inside
Would you even care

I just wanna hold you close but so far
All I have are dreams of you
So I wait for the day and the courage to say
How much I love you

I'll dreaming of you tonight

'Til tomorrow I'll be holding you tight
And there's nowhere in the world I'd rather be
Than here in my room dreaming about you and me

Ahh-Ahh
I can't stop dreaming of you
I can't stop dreaming
I can't stop dreaming of you

Late at night when all the world is sleeping
I stay up and think of you
And I still can't believe that
You came up to me and said
I love you
I love you too

I'll be dreaming with you tonight
'Til tomorrow and for all of my life
And there's nowhere in the world l'd rather be
Than here in my room dreaming with you endlessly

(From http://lyrics.astraweb.com)

Posted by Muggs at 11:51 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment