Beng's Wedding

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Mission 1: Dawn Attack

Me: Oooei. Good morning! Better wake up. Late already.
PolarBear: Uhhhh...mmm mm ..

Me: Hello!! Oooooooooeeeii!!
PolarBear: Okay okay...

*click* I hung up.

I woke my colleague, PolarBear, up because it Beng's wedding today and we have to be there at 0815hrs. Waking up and 0630hrs and getting ready for our battle mission briefing at his place. PolarBear and I dropped by a MacDonalds for breakfast before meeting up RLEK at Beng's place. An adequately sized force enough to take on the sisters and the bride, we had a groom and 3 brothers. Arriving a the bride's house, while... it was time to play fear factor. Not yet. We had to wake up the neighbors with our terrible singing. A lead vocal (groom) and 3 backup singers crooning an English and Chinese song each.

Its a set up!!! An entrapment!!! We were labeled as lousy singers. Not loud enough. What else? Not romantic. We were asked to drink a murky brown liquid in a mug. I can see sediments at the bottom layer... Not simple. I smell wasabi ... "You guys, we're in deep trouble.", I sounded the alarm. I took a few gulps, passing the mug around. Damn!!! This is a vile concoction, man!! I tasted coffee, soya sauce and wasabi. Bleh!!!! Don't get me wrong. I like wasabi and (in fact) lots of it when I am having sushi or sashimi. Have you tried drinking sweet, salty and spicy flavoured coffee? Hello?! Wasabi does not fit in here and it would never, okay? It sent shivers down my spine at that instant. I was already staring at blank space.. almost passing out. So, did RLEK. His face was pale. The second game was .. .. Q&A. Sorry, bro. ... we don't know your wife well enough as you do. "You're on your own brother!!". Beng had a few wrong questions.. took some other different funny colored drink and had to do a bottoms up before the door was opened. Of course, we chipped in a red packet too.

Level 1 is over... now to another obstacle. Level 2. The door leading to the bride's room. Another obstacle to be clear only by the groom. We cannot take over at this scene, kneeling on the floor to profess our love. It is Beng's show. Once that door has been cleared, the bride and groom too some pics before heading out to a nearby spot for a photo shoot session. Even tourists got excited and wanted to take a pic of the couple. I was "lucky"..... a bird relieved himself with his poo landing on my shoe.... Thanks. One more inch, it would have hit me on my head.

"C'mon... let's go!!". We headed back to Beng's place to tea ceremony, a quick buffet and family photo shoot. *Rush rush*... Okay, now back to the bride's place for tea ceremony and family photo shoot. We are pretty much done with the morning session and everyone went over to their new flat. Taking some rest, a breather, before we take on Mission 2: Banquet Wedding Dinner, at night.



I have some other really nice pictures.. Too bad. I'm not going to post them.

Posted by Muggs at 4:02 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment