2nd Get Together Run

Sunday, October 09, 2005

It would be too boring to just document my running Zone on my HRM, my timing and distance.. so.. how about writing down today's run with 30 runners!!

Upon reaching the C2 carpark(in cheow12's car), we spotted Brokenrunner from far. Alvo2102, Metero and Dreamrunner were already there. Soon, Kay walked into the carpark. We met new faces like aliciab and Judith. In a matter of minutes, Sotong and mrs. Sotong, YankeeII, kops21, Tiwazz, TLR, Fd and Bee. Dreamrunner talked about his visit to Asics and with his new catch, Asics Cumulus.

Yikes! Reaching 7.30am soon!! We walked towards the designated starting/gathering point. I saw a few more new faces, mingled around to say hello hi. Since I'm the contact person to meet for this run.. ha!! Everyone went, "Ohh... so you're Balasing!". Okay, time to go.. I ran with them for a 200 - 300 metres and counting the number of runners (just in case). Afterwhich I turned around to run back to the starting point, waiting for Eunice, Renohtaram, Cyberkinetic and skyvers1810. After a while, only Eunice, Renohtaram and his friends appeared... I went with them to catch up the the main group. Funny!! While chatting with Eunice, I spotted someone turning around. So fast? Ehm... mrs. Sotong, I mean, she is probably doing a shorter distance. No worries! All of a sudden, I notice a huge mass.. almost like a platoon of runners coming towards us. Unbelievable. We looked like a army platoon. I had to turn at Fort Road, can't cheat. On my way back.... I spotted Joggers!! I waved out to him. Damn!! I'm having so much fun already. What surprised me was... I saw an old friend, Hanseng. We waved and smiled at each other say, hello! Oh.. saw TLR near the start point, he left the group with maybe Do or Dreamrunner to lead the way/pace. So, TLR joined Eunice, Renohtaram and I to chase the main group. Haaha.. no chase, anyway. Just running at our own pace. bselby0 turned back, saying that he needs to leave. Around the Bedok jetty area, I bumped into an ex-colleague, Francis. What coincidence. Hey! We saw Judith and aliciab when Eunice decided to turn into Bedok Jetty before heading back. The sky looked like... .. its going to rain. It did drizzle, and the weather was cooling for a good long run. Slowly, I started to see smaller groups like Bee with YankeeII and Osama with Slacker. YankeeII was pacing Bee, I guess. Finally, I saw the last group consisting Brokenrunner, Dreamrunner, skyvers1810, Cheow12 and Cyberkinetic. I joined them, heading back. Hence, I think my mileage clocked should be around 16km on the conservative side of calculation.

I did my warm down while kidding with the guys about yojanjan being the Chi running master and Carine doing her ninja training in MR.

Oh my... a big group we had today.. seats.. a little difficult to get seats in MacDonalds. We had to take our breakfast in batches. More photo takings before we all went home. In overall, it was fun meeting such a big group.

More new faces today and I'm lovin it!!
New faces (at least to me):
aliciab (with friend, Judith): Amazing woman!! Documenting the trails! Great work
Fatty: Finished running before we started!
Slacker, Osama: Three amigos with Bug
True_Atlantean: Ahh.. new face!
Clive: Ahh.. finally meeting him.
LaoKaYu: Ahhh... another that I want to meet for a long time.
mythos: Want to meet for longest time... want to read his report.

Attendance:
Runners fall in!!
kops21, cheow12, violet, mythos (mrs. mythos), TLR, Fd, Tiwazz, Brokenrunner, Eunice, Alvo2102, Meteor, YankeeII, Bee, DO, Dreamrunner, aliciab (with friend, Judith), bselby0, Sotong (mrs. Sotong), Gentle (mrs. Gentle & Gentle Jr.), Fatty, skyvers1810, Cyberkinetic & friends, True_Atlantean, LaoKaYu, Bug, Osama (relax .. just a nick he chose), Slacker, Joggers, Clive & mrs. Clive - Joanne, Kay, Taz, Dasher, Seow Woon (Kay, Taz and Dasher's friend) and Renotaram & friends.

Runners did not get to meet:
Wildcat and Tekko

Runners suppose to come, could not make it last minute:
Sanji182, Ironmandreamer, whr and flip



That was just the morning running session. Since, I am discussing Beng's wedding and going over to Beach Road, Tiwazz joined me. I hurried off after our discussion and dropped by Beach Road to check out some stuff. How about Running Labs? Oh yeah... since we had nothing on, we went over to the shop too. Drop dead tired (at least I am), we headed off home. I had a smashing great time! Did you?

Posted by Muggs at 10:24 PM  

1 comments:

"I had a smashing great time! Did you?"

I DID!! I DID!!! real fun! didnt regret sacrificing my study time! ahahahh.. need a break sometimes.

Fd said...
2:06 AM, October 12, 2005  

Post a Comment