2nd SGRunners Run

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Barely recovering from our run last week (I was just kidding), we set an outing for our 2nd run at East Coast this morning. Waking up at 5.20am was a little difficult. But, thinking about the great run that we will be having... it got me excited. Fd was suppose to meet Carine and me. Eventually, she still could not make it. So, I waited for Carine at the first cabin. My only clue. She's wearing white T-shirt and I've seen her photo on her blog. We did meet. That wasn't so difficult. Taz was already at the destination and TLR came soon after at the pick up point before we all move to East Coast. While waiting for the rest to come, everyone was doing warm ups. Soon came Penguin on her Grey IronHorse. BrokenRunner came running too. Finally, Kay. I've seen everyone before except for Carine and Kay. Once everyone was good to go, we started off with a chit chat pace. TLR snapping pictures from his mobile phone along the way! I think it was around 10km, I split off from the group. I did an U-turn while the rest proceeded to do 21km. I did not want to do more than my targeted distance. At around 11 or 12km, I stopped to walk back. A warm down before enjoying a good 1 hour of sea breeze. *relaxed* BrokenRunner told me they saw Gentle. Awww... next time.

The rest came back an hour later. Really proud of you guys!! We did a wash up before having MacDonalds breakfast. By now, everyone took their cameras out and started shooting away. Everyone had set meals except TLR and Carine (they took drinks only). Woa! This made us felt guilty... Or I should say I feel guilty.. I only did a 11km. Our 2nd outing ended with a satisfying meal after an excellent run from the guys and gals. Poor penguin has to cycle back. It was a cycle-run-cycle event for her this morning.

I headed home for another appointment. I got to help ZhuiTeLun settle his project problem. Too bad, the things are suppose to work or rather not working now. I tried different ideas and tricks.... nope. Nothing moved. We called it a day and headed off a nearby mall for dinner. Such coincidence. OCS called me. I asked him to come along. So, it was just a simple dinner and catching between the guys since OCS has not seen ZhuiTeLun for quite some time.

Today, it has been wonderful. I wouldn't mind traveling down to EC for another run again. In attendance today: TLR, Kay, Carine, Taz, Penguin, BrokenRunner and Balasing (Plus Gentle, whom I fail to meet).



Pic 1: Kay has a pair of new shoes that got TLR excited!! He's trigger happy!!
Pic 2: Sea breeze from your left
Pic 3: "We completed 21km!! Tired ahhhhh!! Where's my MacDonalds?"
Pic 4: TLR is making funny faces at Kay

For those who missed the run ...... we love to see you join in the run.

Posted by Muggs at 11:14 PM  

2 comments:

Hey, didn't know you were running at ecp on sunday... very near my house...

Anonymous said...
8:15 PM, August 01, 2005  

yeah... it was early. But, good that we ran early, it was really hot around 11am.

Muggs said...
9:02 PM, August 01, 2005  

Post a Comment