Morning "Run-Together" Session

Sunday, July 24, 2005

6.15am. I spang up and got out of bed. I didn't want to be late. Meeting some joggers, new faces today! Skipped breakfast because we will be having MacDonalds after the run anyway!

Reaching the Vistors Arrival Centre, TLR is no where in sight. I have to agree that he is quite prominent though. But, I saw Penguin first and I said "Hi!". We proceeded to look for a Honda Jazz... honda Jazz... nope.. that's a van. Honda civic, nope. Nissans, nope. Ah. ... here comes the Honda Jazz. There we have it. TLR and FD. We gathered around and there were ..say... around 8 - 10 of us? Everyone is trying to remember 2 names, forum id / blog names and our real names. We took a picture before our run. We mixed and mingled around a little before the start of the trial run. I did catch sight of a few familiar faces of joggers who frequent the MR trails. DO is one of them. Alamak! FD really jaga bags!!

At 8am sharp, off we went for a 10km of road, beach sand, road run. There were many good runners around. We were all laughing at BrokenRunner. Maybe she got fixed??!! She ain't broken anymore. She's a fast runner! Along the way, we saw a handful of cyclist. I guess they are training for the up and coming Triathlon. When I crossed the end point.. there was already a crowd. I'm slow. When everyone came, we took a picture again. So, its a before run and after run faces picture. Oh yeah... everyone was asking CyberKinetic, "Where's our caffine fix??!". Since we're done with the run, we changed and went for breakfast at MacDonalds. We had to squeeze a little at the long table. I think those in the centre are the busiest. Turning left and right to interact with different people, right? FD? More pics taken.... and Muggs forgot to bring his camera... After talking to TLR, I found out that I know some of his colleagues. Such a small world. Small world indeed.

Okay, got to take a quick nap and then back to testing and more cramsessions. It was nice meeting you all at the run. In no particular order:
TLR, FD, Penguin, renohtaram, Taz, CyberKinetic, DO, BrokenRunner, kops21
Did I miss out anyone? Pardon me, if I did. See you guys around. We can meet up for shopping or carbo loading instead of run too. Thanks for the ride, TLR.

I had fun today. How about you? Feel like doing a swim later.. mm

Posted by Muggs at 12:15 PM  

10 comments:

It was a good run today, see you around again some time. Keep on running! :)

Anonymous said...
9:30 PM, July 24, 2005  

yeah! It was great knowing everyone of you guys! See you at MR25 trials

Muggs said...
9:57 PM, July 24, 2005  

u skipped ur breakfast n u can run?! i was already feeling like collapsing u know! was sooo looking forward to mcd! ehehehe.. n so i finished my meal (cept for hashbrown). ahaha.. it was really fun though i was keeping control of my stomach's grumbling. n i didnt jaga bags. i jaga car key oni. n yes it's a small world, or rather small singapore. u stay quite near me!

btw, where do u go swimming?

fidamd aka fd

Fd said...
1:37 AM, July 25, 2005  

Yeah, FD. .. afraid that I will have tummy aches... so skip breakfast.

Swimming... around our area. They used to have water polo on every mon, wed, fri. But now, they're gone!! So, I'm really happy.

Muggs said...
9:36 AM, July 25, 2005  

Hi!

Its my pleasure to meet you yesterday...see you around in future runs

Anonymous said...
4:06 PM, July 25, 2005  

The pleasure is mine too, Taz! I agree that it was a great outing meeting everyone. I'll see you around with that red adidas bottle. Time to shop for my new shoes too... renohtaram saw my worn out Nike Max

Muggs said...
5:04 PM, July 25, 2005  

Hey!

You actually saw my red Adidas bottle? ha haa

Actually is coincidence that it matches my RED Adidas outfit....

Honestly, I dun like RED

As for your worn out shoe...if u going for REAL Run training again...try the NB shoe like wat i did that day...its free to try..

Anonymous said...
10:50 AM, July 26, 2005  

hey nice meeting u too muggs!!!
can't believe i forgot to put up any post on this run...i was too shack after the run...haha

penguin said...
10:18 PM, July 26, 2005  

Taz -> Red is not that bad. I avoided red in the past too. After my sis bought me a red Tshirt.. I thought.. hey, red is not bad.

Penguin -> I was tired after the run too... rushed to post the entry and dived into bed after a quick shower. Zzz

Muggs said...
12:24 AM, July 27, 2005  

muggs, u r talking abt clementi swimming pool issit? i dunno wat kinda stuff/program they hav there. so long never swim in pool.

penguin, u forgot to update ur blog cos u attack the forum first ryt.. ehehhhe...

taz n muggs, i dun hav a single red shirt. something like hot pink i have but not considered red or chilli red. hav yet to get one. it seems kinda too bright for me. besides will that make me look like a red chopstick? :P

Fd said...
7:22 AM, July 27, 2005  

Post a Comment