KL Official Business Trip

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Not too many pics here. I filtered out the lousy ones. I'm pretty selective or picky (you can put it this way) when it comes to photos. 2 scaled down shots of Petronas Towers in night scene. Suria KLCC, its shopping mall, which has a huge place for you to shop around. What do you know!!? I saw Zouk too. No, I didn't get to go in. The last 2 photo shots are just to kill time.... I was waiting for my bus back home. Bus pick up point was near KLCC on the last day.



Whoa!! I just went through a friend's recce trip!! Looks like loads of fun!!! Reminded me of my MenInGreen days. Now, ... onto my KL trip details ...

Nothing out of the extra ordinary that I could write about in this KL trip. Hey! What do you expect? Its an official trip. I was sent to go on a course. My pre-programmed itinenary from 11-15th July daily was:

  1. Wake up
  2. Breakfast
  3. Training
  4. Lunch
  5. Training
  6. Dinner
  7. Tea breaks are spaced at 10am and 3pm respectively (Getting fat)
I had a good dinner at HRC with Beng on Tuesday and with Wita / Ruri on Friday. The rest of the dinners were bought by local office or course conductors.

But, I learnt a few things during this trip.
  1. I look younger than most in my age group
  2. Ignorance is a bliss
  3. It is always great to travel - because I don't have ESPN channels
  4. Rain does have it therapeutic effects
  5. Conversion rates do not necessary work for you
  6. I need a hair stylist instead of a barber
A few strangers have commented that I look younger than most among my age. I almost went broke buying all of them dinners. Should I be feeling happy? I do feel a little like 23 now, though technically I'm not. Burst my bubble. Ignorance is a bliss

Usually, EPSN sports channels are my fav during traveling. I didn't subscribe them. So, ... I can only watch them when I'm traveling. Pool championship 2005 was on. I caught a little of "Harry Potter" too.

Conversion rate!! I guess for most of the time, it sure helps ... just make sure that you're not shopping at malls or taking your meals in fancy restaurants. I did come across a neat looking jersey for cycling... its tag, RM$400 odd!! No way, I'm going to buy that. Most sporting goods that I came across at the mall are more expensive than those selling in back home here.

It has been .... a few years since I last walked in the rain. Pure coincidence. I have no umbrella and I need to grab my dinner. Heck, I was caught in the rain. But, it did clear up my thought a little.

While shopping around, I remembered that I needed a Timex watch. I walked into a shop. Within seconds, I heard the sales assistants talking about me and I pretended I didn't know the language they used. Lingering around the area, on the pretense of looking for a watch.
Sales Lady: See? You should cut your hair like this guy. So neat and tidy.
Sales Guy: Huh? You serious. So, square.

Sales Lady: Look at you. Your hair is so long. So untidy.
Sales Guy: His hair style is so simple. Looks simple minded.

Whoa... thanks ... I really need a hair stylist now.

Posted by Muggs at 7:20 PM  

3 comments:

wow....ur shot is great! for my standard at least. when r u going to pass me your skills??haha...

but it reminds me that i was "killed" by work instead of a mixture of pleasure and work in this trip.sigh..

how often do we have the chance to be oversea,at the same time and place and yet being paid by our company??haha...

Anonymous said...
9:17 PM, July 18, 2005  

Hahaaha simple minded?? THen that guy has definitely got to be, clueless!

Coulieo said...
9:30 PM, July 18, 2005  

beng-> yeah.. it was great to jalan overseas and get paid. Too bad you got ran over by work. We can always do a photo outing.

coulieo-> I'm simple, minus the minded. Anyway, too bad you couldn't be at KL too. But, you horse ridin sure looks fun to me.

Muggs said...
9:58 PM, July 18, 2005  

Post a Comment