Three Bridges

Saturday, July 14, 2007

It has been a long day for me today. Up for 19hrs without a nap!

This morning, I woke up at 5am. Strange but true, I did not feel sleepy. I downed a cup of corn flakes + honey water before packing my two packs for today's events. I need to be at three different place, three different activity. First up in the list, I reached MR at 6:15am. Roentgen was already there. Both of us wonder if we got the time/location wrong. Soon, Kops21 and Burnz arrived. Two more runners were late. But, we were told to carry on and they will do a different route. One Camelbak, PowerGel and digicam, I was set to run! The first 3km, we hardly spoke and all we heard were sounds of crickets in the wild and rocks or pebbles we kicked around. Today (finally), I got to know the links for some routes I had doubts previously. We crossed under the Tree Top Walk bridge and took the route to Rifle Range road, where I had previously recce-ed. First time seeing the Tree Top Walk bridge from this angle. At 7km mark, Burnz and I headed back, where Kops21 and Roentgen carried on for their 23km. On our way back to the carpark, I saw Eeyore and then followed by Leica. First time that I had a long chat with Burnz in person. Once all of us are back, including two late runners, we showered and went to ShunFu road. Attraction?? Char Kway Teow that uses microphones to place orders to the kitchen cook and a muffin store that had a really long queue!

After clearing two plates of Char Kway Teow, we ordered muffins for take away and rushed to our next destination. Mozzie had to go and the rest of us headed for dim sum. We ordered the must-have for dim sum and kept sms-ing a fallen makan comrade. Just when we were about to leave, I spotted a familiar figure. Ooopps... I called the person's phone. "Hello.. I want to order dim sim." Right away, the person sprang around, in search of me. We were laughing like mad and embarrassed at the same time. I offered a solution, "I accept bribes. Our lunch costs $74." Like what Roentgen said, "Never knew eating can be so tiring!".

Where's next? Support Alvo and Meteor in their 1 Star Kayaking class! But, Kops21 mentioned that I took the wrong bag of muffins. I have two double chocolate, one pumpkin and one cheese muffin now. JS wanted the double chocolate muffins so much. We have angered a woman!! ok, JS, I owe you the muffins! :p

At the kayaking check in list, we saw two names belonging to Sotong and Roonz which they have already postponed their class slots. We launched our craft and surprised them! We did not tease them as much, since they were still in a class. Kops21, Roentgen and I kayaked to the hanging bridge at Cosy Bay. We lazed around a little before hitting out to Sheares bridge, slightly out before returning back to basin area. Alvo and Meteor were just in time for their capsize drill! I took pictures of them dragging their kayaks back to the shore after their capsize drill. Priceless. They were all enjoying their 1 Star class.

Once everyone has washed up, we went for claypot rice at Beach road. What drink to go with the claypot rice? Sour plum juice. I accompanied them while they finished up their dinner, since I have a wedding dinner next. While they were eating, I found a spot for my two muffins in my tummy. Since, Alvo and Meteor love chocolate muffins, they were more than happy to accept the double chocolate flavored muffins. Yes... JS, next one on me.

Next appointment to attend was a wedding. One of the MenInGreen settling down today and throwing a feast. Finally. We were the support fire team on stage for the toast and we gave a thunderous roar of "yum seng" at our table as well. A gift from us (comrades). Seriously, I ought to sleep now.



Posted by Muggs at 11:57 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment