Newbies' Victory!

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Fresh from the oven (passing out from climbing course), some of the guys tried their hands (and legs) at climbing today. Touch the top! Nothing and I mean nothing can stop them! The slight drizzle did not dampen their spirits at all. They just went on and on, trying different walls. Me? Official photographer - sweating together with them. Looks like I will play a role of an audience till I get my cert. My turn to get all wobbly arms and legs. Half way though, we saw a familiar figure, Skyvers who was with Rainbow. I had a brief catch-up chat with him. Once enough of climbing, we returned our rented gears and moved around the area where there are walls that looked like a 100m high. We peeped into the boulder gym (reminded by Roentgen's blog) and it seems like a really fun place to train your skills.

What's for lunch? (Always the question) Chicken rice needed some time - due to queue, I guess. Kops21 bought some dim sum and I randomly picked at the Fun Cheong. Chicken rice soon came and it looks pretty tasty. Hmm... pass! Could use this for LSD motivational food for one's soul. Roentgen asked when can I actually go for Level 1 climb, so that I can join them for Level 2. I don't mind! Learning new stuff is always meaningful to me - soul food.

Back in those days where Internet was nothing but a bunch of wires and really high specs servers (show some simple information), there was just so little to do. Now, I can watch parodies done by Weird Al Yankovic on YouTube and laugh at them. Something which was called cassette tape ruled during my teen days. Poor students can't afford such luxurious goods - cassette tapes of idols like Debbie Gibson. That led to another solution called O.A.. I strongly believe there are more to come in the future and more changes in the world of Internet.



Posted by Muggs at 3:41 PM  

3 comments:

Thanks for being our photographer today! Really helped motivate us to climb harder and faster... otherwise definitely would have peng san-ed much earlier! haha :D

roentgen said...
5:48 PM, July 01, 2007  

haa.. I think it was hunger that was the driving factor.

Muggs said...
8:47 PM, July 01, 2007  

train hard and eat hard :)

kops21 said...
10:17 PM, July 01, 2007  

Post a Comment