Sports Climb Level 1 Course

Saturday, July 28, 2007

After missing out on Sports Climbing Level 1 class last time, I turned up at the pre-arranged venue to learns some skills on this discipline today. I wanted to run to the venue. The red sky at 5am did a marvelous job in deterring me, putting away the idea to run there. The last thing I want is to be caught in the rain. I gave the run miss and took a train instead. I was early and helped a little on the stores before the class started.

The first part of the day was on theory with a fun group. All of which are SH's colleagues. We covered climb organizations, types of equipment, safety and some minor hands-on on knots and ropes, climber and belayer procedures and more. Everyone was pretty excited when it comes to practice. At this time, the sky was not holding up too well. It gave a threatening roar and we had to break for lunch. A call was made to switch to a different venue which has an indoor climbing wall.

The indoor wall is much shorter in height. At least, we are not going to be wet. I would love to try the outdoor wall. Rotating as a climber and belayer, I had fun. I guess I have went through the same thing during one of my company's retreat activities on climbing. But, this time round, the course was properly conducted. I cannot complain much since the company's event was an introductory session rather than a course. Our skillful course instructor gave a lot of tips, which I had found them useful. The whole time during our course, I was busy snapping pictures of SH and colleagues. Half way through, my digicam gave problems. The display blanked. After several rounds of troubleshooting, I have concluded that it is the CCD that is giving problems. I think my digicam has finally given up on me. It is not totally dead. It just comes on and goes off in some random periodic sequence. Probably not going to hold much longer. I need to source for something.

Posted by Muggs at 10:44 PM  

2 comments:

You finally went for the course! Now can join us for rock climbing liao :D

roentgen said...
10:11 PM, July 30, 2007  

When? haa!

Muggs said...
10:13 PM, July 30, 2007  

Post a Comment