Farewell Gathering

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Damn... the training took up a full day. Playing the role of a host, I brought our trainer around town (with a fellow course mate) for some window shopping. While looking at some people overclocking their PCs in Funan (some competition), I saw my cousin and his wife having their coffee break. We exchanged a few words and I sent our trainer off to Esplanade before I went to Vivocity. Since I was early, I read a book on Orlando while sipping my cup of caffe latte. Reading through some magazine, I stumble upon a piece of news on WWE. Chris Benoit,The Rabid Wolverine, was found dead with his wife and kid, in their apartment. A double homicide-suicide case. His signature was Crippler Crossface, Sharpshooter, German suplex and Diving headbutt. This is sad. For those who remember the "British Bulldog", Mr. Perfect and Eddie Guerrero (Latino Heat) passed away too, sometime back. Even though WWE being an entertainment company, I respect these sportsmen for their profession. Once all ex-colleagues arrived, I received a SMS and I went over to meet up with them. The four of us took our dinner at St James. I did not think that the dinner was all that great even though the restaurant is well known. All of us enjoyed each other's company more than the food and service. We talked about the times that we worked together. One of us is leaving for overseas for studies and it will be three years. With our appetite to satisfy, we went for ice-cream! Blah blah blah.. chatted till it was around 11pm before we left for home. Our dear friend bade good bye with a heavy heart, all of us promised to stay in touch and we will.

I received a post card from another friend as well, on her holiday, telling me her activities. Aww.... *Envious* But, that's sweet. I have not received post cards for a long time. I recall sending one to AGB while on world's highest post office. The other time was like 10 years back, when I was in U.S., sending to you-know-who.

Another long day tomorrow. What?! You mean my Saturday is gone?

Posted by Muggs at 11:47 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment