September BG Run

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Waking up at 5.30am on a non-race day is never easy. Air-conditioning buses are killers to me at 6am. Freezing cold! I had to wear another dri-fit Tee over my running singlet. I reached the waiting point sharp at 6.45am. More guys arrived as I warmed up my legs. A new face walked towards us, mentioning a name that does not even ring a bell. Once she said, "mis_nomer". We went, "Ooooh!" Renohtaram did a quick briefing on the Vanilla/Caramel/Chocolate route and off we went. We paused along the way for some toilet breaks and mini hill runnings before tackling a "must-do" Ultraman's slope. Spotting Renohtaram along the way, guiding and making sure that no one loses their way, we looped back to BG again. I told Renohtaram to go ahead with the 16kms and 21kms while I waited for the rest. Since Tiwazz and Bee did the 11km, I accompanied AlecChua and Meteor as the last man for the 16km or 21km. Reaching one of the 7-11s along the way, I thought AlecChua looked a little worn out and we bought some Isotonic drinks. The air-conditioning's cool air was fantastic! We continued our run where AlecChua wanted to walk (signaling us to go ahead) when we were at the Newton Circus stretch. Meteor and I proceeded towards BG. Most of them were already done with their run and waiting at the starting point. I did the last stretch of 4km since Meteor stopped at 16km. It was a great run this morning.

A lot more events throughout the entire day.
But, this is all I wish to write. Over and out.

Waiting for my RoadID to appear in my mailbox.

Posted by Muggs at 10:59 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment