Race Prep: KL Mizuno 10km and Terry Fox Run

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Got to wake up to catch a cab down in order picking up Flip and Fennel. Cannot oversleep. 7 person will throw choppers and knives at me if I fail to appear. Stress... so worried that I have several alarms to separate me from my bed at 6am.

Most have arrived once we reached Golden Mile. Hey! Hanseng (Beng's friend) is going to KL for shopping as well. But, he is on a different bus. I heard the sound of jaws dropping on the floor when I said I am going there to run. Another surprise character / familar face when I board the bus. Benson whom I got to know through diving. He shruddered in disbelief when I said I am going to race in KL. Passed through the immigration without much hassle and we got to play some movies at our own personal LCD T.V. Since I did not watch Ice Age, X-men and Sahara before, I watched these three movies before falling asleep. We soon reached KL around 2 or 3 pm and went on foot to our hotel for check in. We deposited our packs in the room, slacked a little before heading over to Jalan Alor and then to Petaling. Walking around the stores, we had to stop by at the famous longan drink store for a thirst quencher. Look at our model for the store.


Uh-oh... sound of thunder accompanied by dark clouds closing fast, signaled to us that we should seek shelter soon. DoraemonRed suggested to stop for a tea break. Dark Soya Fried Hokkien Mee for tea break?! How sinful. We had some Kailan and lime juice to wash all the grease down. Impeccable timing! Once we finished up our food, walked out to one of the exits, the rain changed to a drizzle. We started to make our way back to Sungei Wang, meeting IMD and his MHA for some shopping and dinner. What's next?! Some asked. Hotel was next. We met Seal and his MHA, since he is collecting his RealRun goodie pack from me. Too bad, the couple had plans for the night. The rest of us (DoraemonRed, TKTan, Roger, IMD, IMD MHA, Shutehelup, SV and me) went to Jalan Alor for supper. Fennel and Flip decided to crash out and retire for the night.


They missed some teh tariks, fried maggi mee and sinful Rainbow Sago. Heh heh heh. Aww... we were really tired by then. Retreat!! Back to the hotel, bathed and prepared my gear before I slept.

Posted by Muggs at 11:42 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment