MR Recce Run

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Long day!! Really long day.

Got out of bed at 0550hrs, did my usual rituals (showered, changed, etc) and sprinted out of the house. I missed the recce run yesterday. I'm definitely not missing today's, which promises a bigger turn-out. Aarrrraggg.. better get going.

I reached MR and found Dreamrunner chatting with his friend. I stretched a little.. accessed my ankle. Pretty okay, for now. Most arrived at 0700hrs. After some stretching here and there, we went off in an anti-clockwise direction. Slow and easy pace, we stopped a few times to gather. At the split junction, we parted ways. Some doing the 15km air-con route, while I took the usual 10.5km trail. Just to be conservative, not to overstress my ankle. 6 of us, did the 10.5km. meteor, alvo2102, violet, tiwazz, cokiee and balasing. We did run - walk - run throughout. violet almost did a 50km. :p

Once we reached the car park, it wasn't too long before the 15km runners came back. Some showered and changed. We took a some photos, before heading out to the Prata cafe. Everyone was tired and hungry. Service came a little slow. Food was just okay. Me thinks Al-ameen is better. After the prata session, most of us went off to renohtaram's place for house visiting. Poor guy got bitten by a bug (not our Bug) and has caused serious swelling. He was still limping around. Yeah.. he's another limping marathon runner. When we're about to leave... it rained, heavily!! Lucky thing, TLR dropped me at my place along the way.

Second appointment, no time to lose. I bathed, changed and left home. Meeting my cousin and his wife. Oh. I saw a book, "Pilates for men", which seems interesting. I injured my lower back before, while working. I hope this book can help me in strengthening my lower back. I think I would love to take time and browse the book store! I'll come back another day. I met up with my cousin, we all had a drink before leaving for dinner. We had dinner near their love nest before dropping by to check out their newly set up apartment. I toured their place and we watched LOTR (second part) on T.V. while sipping coffee. Getting late, I wanted to go back on my own. They insisted on sending me back. I reached home, download some mails, and did the usual things before sleeping like a log.

These running guys never fail to light up my day each time! I wouldn't know what I would do without them!! Life would be so different!

Fall in for the run!!!
leica, cosmic_wind, yulan, cheow12, violet, leh-lio girl, dreamrunner, 136Fallschirmjäger, sotong, superboy, TLR, DO, meteor, alvo2102, tiwazz, cokiee and balasing.

Fall in for renohtaram house visit!!
Plus .... cyberkinetic, kops21, Fd and penguin.


Posted by Muggs at 11:54 PM  

2 comments:

eh? wah, such a big change in your blog format!

Renohtaram said...
9:59 PM, December 19, 2005  

just a cut and paste template. easily available

Muggs said...
12:55 AM, December 20, 2005  

Post a Comment