RealRun 2005

Sunday, August 28, 2005

I took a bus to the HarbourFront with a winner today. Carine, that is!! Wow! Girl Power! She came in 13th place for the Women Open Category. She was just mentioning in the morning that she was feeling tired! Well, I guess she could have gotten a better timing if she's feeling tiptop. Good for her!

Anyway, we reach our meeting point to gather with all the runners for a warm up session. At approximately 0840hrs, we headed towards the starting line. Already spotting a few friends along the way, we're ready to go! TLR and Carine went nearer to the starting line. I think most of us stayed at the mid or rear of the crowd. The first stretch of road run was okay. Hills posed a slight problem, but manageable. As always.. the sand run on the beach is always the killer. I think I'm better off walking.. but I still insisted to jog slow. My right knee was still holding up pretty well. Probably because I was going slow. After the sand, it was trail (not much of a trail, maybe artificial) and I saw Renohtaram. We completed the run at almost the same pace, with Kops21 just behind. Aww... my timing wasn't really fantastic. I enjoyed the run anyway.

We gathered for photo taking... everyone was lazing around, chit chatting.. It has been really fun meeting all. TLR, Fd, Carine, Taz, Kay, Penguin, Renohtaram, Tiwazz, Skyvers1810, BrokenRunner, Kops21, JessLance, Yojanjan, DreamRunner, Menmoch, Cyberkinetic, DO, Commando, Meteor, Alvo2102, Philip, Lyn, Yysiong and Eunice. Renohtaram mentioned that YankeeII was there.. but, sorry man... maybe I missed you out during the meeting up session?
Claim a cup of coffee from me the next time if I missed those names in the forum. But, there were a few non-forum joggers who joined us too. A few of those who mentioned that will meeting us, didn't appear too. I bet they went for the run too. Maybe didn't spot us. There's always a next run. In fact, just next weekend. Anyone feel like winning next weekend?



I stole this pic from Kops21. Pai sey, friend! But, your shot was really well taken.
Note: Can you spot the stuff toy penguin for the top photo?



Some pics from Fd too. I'm still scouting around for more good pics. Anyone?
Note: Who's that clown? The guy who is sheltering from the sun with his hands (top photo)? Yeah... its Babasing Balasing.

After the run, we're suppose to gather for some munch before heading home. But, ahhhah.. I think a few of us got separated. So, Renohtaram, Skyvers1810, Skyvers1810's friend (Barry?) and me (Babasing Balasing) went for carbo-loading recovery at Pastamania. Burrrp!

Update: 2230hrs
Incoming again? They take turns, huh? Are they all in cahoots? Guess there isn't a good or bad timing for this.

Posted by Muggs at 1:50 PM  

4 comments:

Good run today, lucky got u to motivate me :) Next time, I'll pace you again :)

Anonymous said...
3:11 PM, August 28, 2005  

hahah... same here... you paced me as well!! Good run!

Muggs said...
3:16 PM, August 28, 2005  

great run! i was finding your backside but not fast enough to see it..hahaha

Anonymous said...
3:29 PM, August 30, 2005  

I didn't even see you at the start line!! Guess you must be with some ger ger!

Muggs said...
10:01 PM, August 30, 2005  

Post a Comment