A Walk to Hydrate My Feet

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Taking a day's leave today, I woke up at 5am to take a walk in Chek Jawa at 8am. Took a train ride to meet up with ZhuiTeLun before heading to the jetty area for the bum boat ride. It has been like 7 years since I set my foot on Pulau Ubin. Today, there were 3 groups of 10 + person each for the guided Chek Jawa walk. ZhuiTeLun and I were attached to a local Uni students group. Armed with a pair of booties and a digicam, we had a few odd stares from some of the students. The walk would not exactly let you see as many things in an underwater dive. But, you will still be fascinated with things that you might find. It was a 2 hours guided walk and before we ended the trip and headed back to the mainland again, it started to drizzle. Let me arrange the pics and I shall post them online.

Depending on the weather tomorrow, I might visit some bird sanctuary. I'm still on leave tomorrow.

Posted by Muggs at 11:44 PM  

4 comments:

You should try out the tour on bicycles! You get to explore more areas in the same amount of time!

-endlesstrail

Anonymous said...
1:32 AM, April 01, 2005  

Mugg, you should try out the bike trail, test your butt out. Cross-country !!!!!!

- Uncle

Anonymous said...
8:38 AM, April 01, 2005  

no place to secure bike.... can't bring it out to the mangroves... bike not amphibious

Muggs said...
11:23 AM, April 01, 2005  

Uncle,

I never say bring ur grey hound lah. Rent lah.

- Uncle.

Anonymous said...
12:54 PM, April 01, 2005  

Post a Comment